[Day 7 - EA] Aspirant's Challenge - Mastery of War

Public audience with the Emperor

[Day 7 - EA] Aspirant's Challenge - Mastery of War

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:02 am

“I am Servant Nine, look at me,” she said glaring at the aspirant. I will administer your Mastery of War,” she said staring at the aspirant.

The silence lasted a near minute as she continued, “You will have no outside help, I am Servant Nine, are these commands understood?”

Aspirant Challenge - Mastery of the War

Each aspirant should make a separate thread in the Emperor’s Audience and make their rolls there. They can proceed to Step 2 even if they fail at Step 1. Remember to make the Fear Check since they are in the presence of the Emperor, see below.

Fear: To approach the Emperor is to approach Power and the Dark Side personified, the first time anyone approaches the Emperor on his throne they must make a Daunting Fear check with two of the dice upgraded, so two red and two purple.

Gladiator or General

The player will make three rolls, they must accrue a total of seven successes to have shown sufficient knowledge to Servant-Nine who will administer the questions to the Aspirant, they will earn 1 Aspirant point with success.

The aspirants are tested against combat droids and then tested on their knowledge of warfare, history and practical battle knowledge by Servant Nine. Two of the rolls must utilize Lightsaber, first at Hard and then Daunting difficulty, do not include weapon mods, and then the third can be Leadership, Survival, Xenology, or Education at Daunting.

Two advantage can grant a boost die to the next check, while two Threat grant a setback die. A Triumph is worth 2 successes success or fail while a despair removes a success.

Step 2: Peace is a Lie

Players have two choices for Stage 2, if they move forward and both options are to the death. They can challenge, or elect a Champion to do so, two of the Imperial Guards who will face them in battle, success here will net them 1 aspirant point or they can challenge the Emperor’s Wrath, and last four rounds, for 2 Aspirant points, this cannot be done with a Champion though.

The Wrath will not face anyone but those who believe they can best him.

GM's Note: Chance of Death is high, these are all Nemesis level threats.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Re: [Day 7 - EA] Aspirant's Challenge - Mastery of War

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:33 am

Aspirants have 24 hours from now to decide if they will do the combat portion, so we can finish them in time.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Return to The Emperor's Audience