Reconstruction [Day 10, Mid Afternoon]

Public audience with the Emperor

Re: Reconstruction [Day 10, Mid Afternoon]

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:08 pm

"Nor I, but vor zo long zhiz moment waz nozhing more zhan v'one vuture of many I had forezeen. All zhoze ozher vuturez, of vhat might hawe been, ztill zwirl in mein mind. It iz difficult, zometimez to not ztill zee zhem az pozzibilitiez zhat might be az oppozed to newer vere."

"But I vax nostalgic only vor a moment, a minor indulgence in zhiz plaze."

She straightened slightly and folded her hands into her lap, "Tell me, now zhat it iz ower, und your choize prowen mozt prudent....vhy did you not zeek a zeat on zhe Dark Counzil? I know you are a lone zwordzman out to kick-azz und take namez, az zhey zay, but zurely a man of your zkill muzt hawe ambitionz vhich vould hawe been zerwed on zhe counzil, und no doubt you might hawe done vell vor yourself. I had zhought of all our clazzmatez you vould be zhe virzt to prowe yourzelf."
Force Sensitive | Human | Dark Side | Witch-Queen of Korriz | Empress Dowager | Reverand Mother

"Come mein children. Let me teach you zhe vayz of zhe Dark Zide."
Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:48 pm

"Maybe that's a good thing then Jun-Tsu. And if anyone deserves a moment of indulgence right now it's you. You may not get the chance again." Not with a new Empire to guide. And a regent to keep watch on.

His expression became more serious in response to her question. Under other circumstances he might have made a joke out of it. "I do have ambitions, it's true. But the council? I figured it would be more frustrating than rewarding. Looked to me like it's main purpose was keeping the most powerful Sith in the Empire in check. Highly factionalized, plotting against each other all the time. I guess that's what the Emperor wanted. All I would have proved was fit for a cage of my own making."
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Ship: The Terror Star | Sidekick: Lt. Ashley Hin | Powerbase: The Massassi
"A Sith chooses their own path, their own destiny."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:41 pm

"True, und like meinzelf, it zeemz you do not reqvire accezz to zome hidden corner of zhe Empire'z knowledge. Not zhat I do not appreciate zhat it iz zhere, but I hawe learned qvite pointedly zhat vhat I zeek doez not reside anyvhere outzelf of meinzelf."
Force Sensitive | Human | Dark Side | Witch-Queen of Korriz | Empress Dowager | Reverand Mother

Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:13 pm

That brought the smile back to his face. "Seems we're not all that different then Jun-Tsu. Yeah, I might travel the galaxy looking for secrets in hidden places. But I'm not really looking out there. Everything always leads back to what's in here." He tapped the side of his head and then his heart.
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:52 am

Not precisely what she meant but the sentiment was taken well enough. "Vizh an luck you vill vind a zenze of growzh out in zhe vider galaxy. Zo, I hope you vill not range too var from zhe dark light of zhe Empire. It zeemz all zhoze who hawe left or zpend too much time avay hawe an annoying habit of attracting zhe Light, und accepting it into zhemzelvez. An unfortunate corruption, und v'one I hope to ztop vrom zpreading."

Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:31 am

"Growth, yes. Passion and rage are two of my favourite things Jun-Tsu. The darkness suits me fine. And I'm not sure I could manage my projects without it. So..." He spread his arms. "One soul you don't need to worry about."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:09 pm

"I appreciate anyvone dewoted to zhe Umbră-Ușoară. Zhough zhere iz nozhing vizhin zhe Zith Code to dizuade v'one vrom purzuing zhe Light, I vear it veakens our empire to hawe itz invluence velt too ztrongly. It haz a vay of upzetting zhe balanze, cauzing inzurrection. Singular dewotion to a principal larger zhan zhe Zith Order, I zhink haz a univying evvect, zhough I am not zertain eweryvone agreez."

"I do not expect tventy yearz of backhanded complimentz und outright degredation of mein vamily'z faizh in zhe Dark Zide vill dizappear owernight. But....I beliewe in time people vill learn itz merit."

Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:13 pm

He couldn't help but laugh at that. "Folks are going to be tripping over themselves to be nice about your family now Jun-Tsu. With time attitudes will shift. Everyone likes a winner."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:51 pm

"Zave zhe lozerz," she quipped with a chagrinned tone. "But, yez, I imagine, zhey vill. Zhough zhoze vizh a true need und accezz vill be kind und pay lip-zervice. I dezire true dewotion, zuch az yourz or Lord Tenebrouz. Zhoze I know are truly dedicated to zhe vayz of zhe Dark Zide. Ewen iv it not be in pure vorzhip of it az I und mein Houze, but it iz in your nature. Perhapz it iz becauze you are pure Zith, zhoze who draw zuztenance vrom zhe Forze und veed it by your exiztence."

Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:23 pm

"When I'm fighting. That's about as pure a devotion as you can get. But maybe you're right, it could be in our very nature." The building work carried on as they spoke. Soon the Audience Chamber would be repaired to its former glory, albeit for a new regime.

"Anyway, I'd best get going. Good luck Jun-Tsu. I might stick around tomorrow but then I've got places to be. Tell the Empress she can count on me, and if she ever needs my help I'll find a way." He gave her a respectful nod.
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:46 am

"Ve are gratevul vor your continued zervice to zhe zhrone. It may be zhat ve hawe need to call upon you again in time," with that she gave a dismissing gesture and turned her attention back to the construction teams high above.

Jun-Tsu Farro

Previous

Return to The Emperor's Audience