[LA10] Kokomo

Protected by repulsor fields, these black sand beaches are kept quite comfortable for visitors all year round

[LA10] Kokomo

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:23 am

Another beautiful day in paradise. There is only one destination, the beach. For the waves are calling. Challenging any who are brave enough to answer the call. Remmington is there of course in his wetsuit with hydro-surfboard in hand.

"You ready to do this?"
Sith | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Mechanic | Duelist | Charming | Honourary Fett | Monolith Slayer | Exp 2
"The nail that sticks out shall be hammered down."

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour [Mandalorian], Lightsaber - Gram, Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally
Remmington Thalalas

Re: [LA10] Kokomo

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:32 am

"You know it brah."

It seemed a waste to win a perfectly good board and then not use it. Jo'ren was better prepared today having learned much from the Ice Queens Challenge.

"Let's do this." He started to run towards the water.
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Ship: The Terror Star | Sidekick: Lt. Ashley Hin | Powerbase: The Massassi
"A Sith chooses their own path, their own destiny."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:02 am

"Alright. Let's get out into the water then." Remmington starts running into the water and then lays on the board and paddles his way out some distance.
Sith | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Mechanic | Duelist | Charming | Honourary Fett | Monolith Slayer | Exp 2

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour [Mandalorian], Lightsaber - Gram, Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Remmington Thalalas

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:47 am

Jo'ren was way ahead of him, unless Rem decided to use force speed...

Leaping into the water he landed on the board and started paddling out. It was cold.

"Pretty damn fresh huh? I can see how this would be addictive."
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:35 pm

"Yeah, this is pretty nice sometimes too. A thrill without people shooting blasters or lightning bolts at you is a nice change of pace." Remmington naturally will use Force Speed if that is the game Jo'ren is playing.

When they are out in the water with the sounds of the waves around them. "The waves should be loud enough here. Did you see that transmission by Eagle yesterday?"

Remmington Thalalas

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:58 pm

"Heh, will of you get bored we could always liven it up a bit with some blaster bolts." As they paddled out he started to get used to the temperature. Being big helped in this regard.

"Yep. Question is: New Eagle same as the old Eagle? Or was the body Moyr dropped off just for show?"
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:03 pm

"Nah. I'm good. I can deal with a little bit of boredom sometimes." Remmington answers.

"Maybe. I do know that the codes they are using are different from before. So they either changed things up after the attempted coup or there is a new Eagle that has picked up the mantle. Symbols are a powerful thing. As they said in the transmission, 'We are all Eagles'." He gives his opinion.

"Plus it seems that this time Eagle caught onto me. So they know that I am slicing into their stuff. So they will probably be on guard for me. Maybe come after me directly if I prove to be too much of an issue."

Remmington Thalalas

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:13 am

"Heh, only a little bit though...you still going to set up a Huttball league?" He gave his friend a wry smile and started paddling for a wave, but mistimed it and returned.

"Hmm, could be covering their tracks, could be a new group. Both seem possible. I'd say be careful in how you continue. If you're going to actively hunt them it might be smart to get some others involved. Your Master for one."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:20 am

Remmington nods. "Yeah. I really want to see Hutt Ball pick up in the Empire. Granted I don't care much for Hutts but the game has some merit. It also gives some Sith a venue to work out their competitive nature a bit."

"I have been keeping Lord Daizo posted. If you want to help out, I will gladly accept your muscle and Lt. Hin's skills as well. I am sure that we can crush whatever Eagle and their lackeys with our skill and might."

Remmington Thalalas

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:19 pm

"You know, maybe it's just one of those things Rem. It would suck if you found and killed the Eagle only to find a new one pop up the next day. Oh hey, I'm taking this wave!"

With a few strikes he was out ahead of the breaker. Wrestling the board into place he leapt up onto it and then:

Day 10. Fluff surfing roll. Average athletics.: 2eP+3eA+2eD 4 successes, 1 threat, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

(OOC: Chuckle. Oh orokos)

Jo'ren caught the most awesome wave of his life. It looked like he'd been doing this forever, although the effort took up a lot of his concentration (1 strain taken).

"Wooooooooooohoooooooooooo!"
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:13 am

"Well the only choice then is to keep putting them down and make an example out of them until people stop." Remmington replies back. "Oh no. You're not going to hog this one to yourself."

He moves his board and starts to cut across the huge wave as it rolls over behind him. "WOOOOoooooo!!!"

/ Hang ten fluff roll. Athletics/Brawn. 2eP+3eA+2eD = 3 Success, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Really Orokos? Oh the fluff. :lol:

Remmington Thalalas

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:40 am

It seemed they were both naturals. After their rides had both ended, and they had re-emerged from the surf, Jo'ren gave his old friend a high five.

"We rock! This is pretty great. I might start doing this more often."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:38 pm

Remmington high fives Jo'ren enthusiastically. "I guess we just got a lot of athletic talent. I can't wait till Hutt Ball. They'll probably ask us not to play anymore after the first match because we destroy the competition so badly that no one wants to play against us."

"Yeah, this is seriously more fun than I thought at first. Definitely a nice change of pace. I wonder if any of the others will want to come surfing again."

Remmington Thalalas

Return to Varas Point Beach