[Day 7 - MM] Challenge of the Ice Queen RP

Protected by repulsor fields, these black sand beaches are kept quite comfortable for visitors all year round

[Day 7 - MM] Challenge of the Ice Queen RP

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:22 am

The common folk descended on the beach to watch the contest of hopefully skilled athletes test themselves against the waves. The crowds were enjoying the warm environment but the water was freezing cold…
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Re: [Day 7 - MM] Challenge of the Ice Queen RP

Postby Jan Melmoar on Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:39 am

A rather soggy Jan pulls herself out of the water and flops happily onto the warms sands, panting slightly as a droid brings her a glowing orange drink

"....They really should add bigger engines to those boards....maybe some explosives for the finale"
She sips her cocktail quietly, enjoying the chance to relax on the beach....soon it would be her beach!
The Czerka Corp Rep | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran
| Always looking for a sale | Sharpshooter | Has an intern!|
Jan Melmoar

Postby Alister Dravvad on Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:13 am

If Alister was honest, that had been somewhat entertaining. Though he wasn't about to admit that to anyone out loud.

Stepping out of the water in his wetsuit he squinted his eyes, Vair'ea had his glasses and she was likely around here somewhere.
Imperial | Noble | Scientist | Self Employed | Eccentric | Researcher
Carries: Datapad, Stimpack x2, Comlink, Anesthetic x2, hand scanner.
Description
Companions: Vair'ea, EG-04R
Alister Dravvad

Postby Jan Melmoar on Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:18 am

Alister Dravvad wrote:If Alister was honest, that had been somewhat entertaining. Though he wasn't about to admit that to anyone out loud.

Stepping out of the water in his wetsuit he squinted his eyes, Vair'ea had his glasses and she was likely around here somewhere.

A polite cough from below

"I am exceptionally sorry to bother you lord Dravvad, but I believe that is my hand you are currently standing on."
Jan Melmoar

Postby Alister Dravvad on Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:30 am

Hrm? Was he treading on someone? Apparently so. Taking a step away from the woman he was walking on, he dipped his head slightly.

"Ah, my apologies.." Miss Mallomar, wasn't it?" He was pretty sure he was close. "I can't see very well without my glasses on."
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Jan Melmoar on Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:32 am

Alister Dravvad wrote:Hrm? Was he treading on someone? Apparently so. Taking a step away from the woman he was walking on, he dipped his head slightly.

"Ah, my apologies.." Miss Mallomar, wasn't it?" He was pretty sure he was close. "I can't see very well without my glasses on."

"I hadn't noticed my lord."
She inclines her head from her prone position

"And you remembered my name quite well, it is wonderful to be remembered....although if I might say this...I didn't expect the challenge of the ice queen to be something you'd take on...no offence."
Jan Melmoar

Postby Alister Dravvad on Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:28 am

"None taken. Though I wish they would of let me make my own board." He was rather certain he would of done well if he'd been able to.

"You're right though, it's not generally my thing. Still it's good to see you made it to the beach. Enjoying your cocktail?"
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Jan Melmoar on Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:53 am

Alister Dravvad wrote:"None taken. Though I wish they would of let me make my own board." He was rather certain he would of done well if he'd been able to.

"You're right though, it's not generally my thing. Still it's good to see you made it to the beach. Enjoying your cocktail?"

"You have your own board?..Are you a surfer?"
She can't quite hide the surprise in her tone.

"Indeed! This is my first time on the beach and I have definitely never visited before without permission. This cocktail, which I have never ordered before as well, is surprisingly delicious and I highly recommend it."
She sips through her straw with an innocent expression.
Jan Melmoar

Postby Alister Dravvad on Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:07 am

"No, but I could likely build a board in a few hours, I'd even include stabalizers so you could do more impressive tricks." Because that was the point right? Doing cool thing and picking up chicks. He was pretty sure Madam Shelzais would say as much at least.

"Of course not, the idea of sneaking onto this beach is simply absurd. " He waved over a waiter to order a fruity cocktail. "Even if you had though, I wouldn't tell a soul."
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Jan Melmoar on Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:11 am

Alister Dravvad wrote:"No, but I could likely build a board in a few hours, I'd even include stabalizers so you could do more impressive tricks." Because that was the point right? Doing cool thing and picking up chicks. He was pretty sure Madam Shelzais would say as much at least.

"Of course not, the idea of sneaking onto this beach is simply absurd. " He waved over a waiter to order a fruity cocktail. "Even if you had though, I wouldn't tell a soul."

"...You know..."
Propping herself up on an elbow

"There's probably a market for stabilised boards....we could use the Dravvad name, offer a few to high profile surfers....."
Make some credits

"And I'm glad of your discretion, it's why I'm telling you I definitely didn't sneak into the beach a couple days ago after I didn't scope out the place for a while. Excellent choice of drink by the way, very fresh."
Jan Melmoar

Postby Alister Dravvad on Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:33 am

"It's likely a exploitable business opportunity." He agreed with a nod. "Though we'd likely do better selling to amateurs. Young decadent nobles that want to impress their friends." He glanced around hoping he hadn't somehow summoned the squadron of teenage girls from the other day.

"Thank you, and I'm very sure you hadn't after all I never received a message telling me of how you got onto the beach through completely legitimate means."
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Jan Melmoar on Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:38 am

Alister Dravvad wrote:"It's likely a exploitable business opportunity." He agreed with a nod. "Though we'd likely do better selling to amateurs. Young decadent nobles that want to impress their friends." He glanced around hoping he hadn't somehow summoned the squadron of teenage girls from the other day.

"Thank you, and I'm very sure you hadn't after all I never received a message telling me of how you got onto the beach through completely legitimate means."

Leaning into the man's ankles to whisper conspiratorially

"Oh I could be quite sneaky if I wanted to, just walk in through the door....I didn't though, clearly, that would be insane."
Jan mentally files away the board business opportunity for plater

"How have your experiments been progressing, by the way? I must confess I've been ever so busy of late, I've lost track of some things."
Jan Melmoar

Postby Alister Dravvad on Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:23 am

It was odd having a woman whisper into your ankles, so Alister took the chance to take a seat next to her. Maybe now any secretive whispers would be directed at his knee. "Insane indeed." He agreed taking a sip of his yellow cocktail.

"But, honestly I've been a bit busy myself, and so my experiments aren't going too well. I haven't had the time or energy for it lately. I'm completely out of materials as well, so that doesn't help."
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Jan Melmoar on Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:33 am

Alister Dravvad wrote:It was odd having a woman whisper into your ankles, so Alister took the chance to take a seat next to her. Maybe now any secretive whispers would be directed at his knee. "Insane indeed." He agreed taking a sip of his yellow cocktail.

"But, honestly I've been a bit busy myself, and so my experiments aren't going too well. I haven't had the time or energy for it lately. I'm completely out of materials as well, so that doesn't help."

"Well that simply won't do"
She said into his knee

"what is so distracting you? And what is keeping your material out of reach? I feel obliged to offer any help I can."
Jan Melmoar

Postby Alister Dravvad on Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:04 am

Ah, the knee was much more acceptable, covered as it was by his wetsuit, it wasn't nearly as ticklish. "Other projects for the most part, as well as an inability to find the proper materials."

He shook his head. "It seems people just dont want to part with some things. Not for reasonable prices at the very least." A smile was offered to the Czerka rep. "Really nothing you need to worry about too much."
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Jan Melmoar on Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:07 am

Alister Dravvad wrote:Ah, the knee was much more acceptable, covered as it was by his wetsuit, it wasn't nearly as ticklish. "Other projects for the most part, as well as an inability to find the proper materials."

He shook his head. "It seems people just dont want to part with some things. Not for reasonable prices at the very least." A smile was offered to the Czerka rep. "Really nothing you need to worry about too much."

She gives him a friendly finger gun
"Selling things for unreasonable prices....the nerve, still at least you have the beach to come relax at when such unreasonableness occurs."

She stretches on said beach, making a furrow in the sane

"I don't suppose you've been following all the dark council rigmarole? Any favourites for the available seats?"
Jan Melmoar

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:13 am

This wasn't exactly how she preferred to do her workout, but it had been fun nonetheless.

Jo'ren however earned a smack on his behind made of durasteel.

"Alright, you're better at this than I am."
Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
Ship: Saarai-kaar | Attendant: Hyuna | Suspicion: Above Suspicion
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Postby Alister Dravvad on Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:16 am

"Shameful isn't it? If you price things too high no one will ever buy it." He shook his head sadly. Didn't people understand economics?

"But the Dark Council? Here I thought we were on the beach to drink too much and relax." He offered the woman a lopsided smile. "I do have some I'd prefer though. Likely Lord Tenebrous or the Steel Valkyrie."
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Jan Melmoar on Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:19 am

Alister Dravvad wrote:"Shameful isn't it? If you price things too high no one will ever buy it." He shook his head sadly. Didn't people understand economics?

"But the Dark Council? Here I thought we were on the beach to drink too much and relax." He offered the woman a lopsided smile. "I do have some I'd prefer though. Likely Lord Tenebrous or the Steel Valkyrie."

"Maybe this is how I relax?"
She chuckles

"A good pairing though...not that I have a grox in the race, of course. Dark council candidates cost too much, One can't buy it."
Jan Melmoar

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:42 am

Lord Tenebrous wrote:This wasn't exactly how she preferred to do her workout, but it had been fun nonetheless.

Jo'ren however earned a smack on his behind made of durasteel.

"Alright, you're better at this than I am."

He stuck his tongue out at her.

"I keep telling you that. Heh. You look mighty fine in that suit though."
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Ship: The Terror Star | Sidekick: Lt. Ashley Hin | Powerbase: The Massassi
"A Sith chooses their own path, their own destiny."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Next

Return to Varas Point Beach