[Day 3 - LM] Nova Station

Locations in space beyond the noted planets

Re: [Day 3 - LM] Nova Station

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:51 am

That would sting the funds a little, but she felt confident in her skill at winning. "Minimum, huh? Very well." She shifted her robes for ease of movement as she took a seat, and easily produced a stack of credits. One thousand.

"Heard the scenery was interesting. Particularly the architecture... it's a rather old place, after all. You look like someone on top of the world here, no?"

---

OOC: Possible to Charm to make her more well-disposed?
Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
Ship: Saarai-kaar | Attendant: Hyuna | Suspicion: Above Suspicion
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:54 am

OOC: Due to Nobody's Fool it is 3 red for Charm.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:58 am

af7a266fe2c1c371f2f331edf7010bcd.jpg
Lt. Hin
af7a266fe2c1c371f2f331edf7010bcd.jpg (20.59 KiB) Viewed 6267 times

"I'm sorry my Lord but there simply isn't much to go on. I can make a very crude sketch. Perhaps we should speak to the locals?"

Jo'ren nodded and looked around to see if there were any likely candidates. He figured a few credits might help, and they're must be some desperate folks around here.

"Didn't really think it would be quite that easy. Good plan. Let's see who's willing to talk." He looked around for a potential informant.
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Ship: The Terror Star | Sidekick: Lt. Ashley Hin | Powerbase: The Massassi
"A Sith chooses their own path, their own destiny."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:02 am

He did notice a familiar captain of a certain ship talking to a woman or trying to talk to woman he assumed in a long white cloak but she was giving him the cold shoulder.
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:03 am

While Shaisha *was* saying the right things, she wasn't exactly being sincere in her approach, and it showed...

Too much of that Sith Lord snark coming through.

----

OOC: Hubris, thy name is...
D3 LM We're super-duper charming! <3 <3 <3: 1eP+1eA+2eF+3eC 3 failures, 3 advantage, 1 Despair, 3 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, Orokos. Leaving the Despair in Dapper's dapper paws, along with making the Advantages beneficial (maybe she lets something slip?). Using the Dark pips to make it 0 success, so we *technically* don't have any Failures!
Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:07 am

“Listen maybe where you are from, you’re the hottest thing since bantha poodoo but here you’re just another face and without the creds you won’t get far. Besides Sith I seen scarier,” she said as if recalling a terrible memory.

OOC: Holding the Despair for now.
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:08 am

Dapper Dog wrote:He did notice a familiar captain of a certain ship talking to a woman or trying to talk to woman he assumed in a long white cloak but she was giving him the cold shoulder.

Jo'ren almost let his jaw drop. "Dumb fucking luck." A broad smile crossed his face. Walking over he spread his arms.

"Kalen? Is that really you old pal?" He gave the woman a polite nod. "Sorry to interrupt ma'am."
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:11 am

Lord Jo'ren Rath wrote:Jo'ren almost let his jaw drop. "Dumb fucking luck." A broad smile crossed his face. Walking over he spread his arms.

"Kalen? Is that really you old pal?" He gave the woman a polite nod. "Sorry to interrupt ma'am."

The woman seemed more than hapy to step aside as Kalen grinned and said, “Well as I live and breath… little baby Sith has grown up. What the hell brings you to this slag pit? Beer is lousy, the women are lousy, and the pay is actually really nice.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:12 am

"Mm..." she did seem to accept that rebuke. For now. "Fair enough. Deal the cards then, and maybe I can hear about what's scarier?"

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:16 am

Lord Tenebrous wrote:"Mm..." she did seem to accept that rebuke. For now. "Fair enough. Deal the cards then, and maybe I can hear about what's scarier?"

“Creds first, Sith,” she said with a wide grin.

OOC: Tenebrous notices that everyone is watching them and people seem very nervous.
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:18 am

The credits were placed on the table to join the pot. "Thousand credits, m'am."

She cast a glance around, noticing the attention. Hopefully Xyll and Draahg would have her back as she focused on the twi'lek woman.

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:18 am

Dapper Dog wrote:The woman seemed more than hapy to step aside as Kalen grinned and said, “Well as I live and breath… little baby Sith has grown up. What the hell brings you to this slag pit? Beer is lousy, the women are lousy, and the pay is actually really nice.”

"Haha, well at least you've got something going for you. Where's that tin can, and the rest of your misfits?" He chuckled and then lowered his voice. "Actually, I'm looking for something. Again. You know me." His shoulders shrugged. "This time it's Rakatan tech. Any chance you know the layout of this place? The force is guiding me to something."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:32 am

Lord Tenebrous wrote:The credits were placed on the table to join the pot. "Thousand credits, m'am."

She cast a glance around, noticing the attention. Hopefully Xyll and Draahg would have her back as she focused on the twi'lek woman.

OOC: Hard Cool check with a two setback, because she is the House.

Lord Jo'ren Rath wrote:"Haha, well at least you've got something going for you. Where's that tin can, and the rest of your misfits?" He chuckled and then lowered his voice. "Actually, I'm looking for something. Again. You know me." His shoulders shrugged. "This time it's Rakatan tech. Any chance you know the layout of this place? The force is guiding me to something."

“They are on the dock making repairs and that tin can is my baby girl don’t you besmirch her good name the Infinite Destiny has never let me down. So you need directions well you are in luck I might know a thing about what’s what around here,” he said tipping back a beer.
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:37 am

Jo'ren clapped him on the shoulder. "I was talking about HK, you know I'd never talk down the Destiny. Heh. It's damn good to see you. Reminds me of...easier times. But yeah man, I could really use your help."

Looking back at Ashley and Lucinia he pointed them out to Kalen. "They're with me. Couple of folks at the tables too." He gave Kalen a knowing look. "Buncha Sith, just bear that in mind. They're won't give you any grief though. Not with me vouching for you."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:41 am

Shaisha wasn't an inexperienced player, but she was much more used to cheating to win. Why play fair? Though she played along for now... in the end it was only credits that she lost, and hopefully an easy win would grease the wheels to get the twi'lek talking.

"Seems like a bad hand for me today..." she gave a hapless shrug.

----

D3 LM Cool to gamble I guess? Will try with a Destiny upgrade!: 1eP+1eA+3eD+2eS 2 failures

*sad trombone* Can't gamble unless I'm lying my ass off. :lol:

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:45 am

“Well HK you besmirch any day,” he said with a chuckle.

“So I am guessing you ain’t here for simply credits. You want something old… well there’s the old section but well it’s under control of the Nova Blade boss who has not been seen in days since his guests arrived… way I hear it.”

Lord Tenebrous wrote:Shaisha wasn't an inexperienced player, but she was much more used to cheating to win. Why play fair? Though she played along for now... in the end it was only credits that she lost, and hopefully an easy win would grease the wheels to get the twi'lek talking.

"Seems like a bad hand for me today..." she gave a hapless shrug.

----

D3 LM Cool to gamble I guess? Will try with a Destiny upgrade!: 1eP+1eA+3eD+2eS 2 failures

*sad trombone* Can't gamble unless I'm lying my ass off. :lol:

The woman smiled broadly and raked in her winnings and said in Huttese, “So what brings you out this way, Sith… you are not like the others so you must want something. Something of value.”

“So let’s find a deal.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:56 am

Goodbye, money... Shaisha sighed as her winnings were scraped up by the woman. A pity that Jo'ren was vague about what exactly he was looking for. Or didn't know.

"True, there's something I'm looking for - so a deal sounds good to me. This station is an old one, way older than this currently occupying it. An associate of mine is interested in something that's from the early days of this station, if you're willing to listen?"

---
OOC: edited after suggestion. :)
Last edited by Lord Tenebrous on Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:14 am

Dapper Dog wrote:“Well HK you besmirch any day,” he said with a chuckle.

“So I am guessing you ain’t here for simply credits. You want something old… well there’s the old section but well it’s under control of the Nova Blade boss who has not been seen in days since his guests arrived… way I hear it.”

"Yeah, it'll be in the old section. Just like old times then huh?" He frowned a little. "Guests? Any idea who they might be?"

(OOC: Shaisha can just comm him and ask. I was trying to write a post in the briefing thread on the ship where I woud tell you all, but the baby was crying so wah wah ;) )
Last edited by Lord Jo'ren Rath on Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:44 am

Lucinia was there with Jo'ren, a few steps behind, listening intently to the conversation.

She peered curiously at the man Jo'ren was speaking to, seemingly content to be introduced or not.
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | Arya's Apprentice | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohohoho count: 10
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Xyll Vanth on Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:42 pm

Xyll looked at the crowd looking at them with casual disdain. Thus far, she had been largely useless in this whole endeavor, but if anyone tried anything, she'd bring the roof down on them. Literally. Alas, it seemed conversation was all they were getting as credits were being lost.

Talk of a 'deal' came on, and Xyll rolled her eyes. Still, she didn't say anything.
Sith | Human | Lord Nyx | The Witness | Academy Prodigy | Confident | Dead eye | Core-Worlds Accent
Carries: Armored Robes, Lightsaber, Datapad, Stimpacks
"When you have seen what I have seen, you will know how small you are... and how great you may yet become."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

PreviousNext

Return to Space