Forging ahead [Pregame, about a week ago]

Locations in space beyond the noted planets

Forging ahead [Pregame, about a week ago]

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:02 am

The corridors of the station were clinically clean. They were white, sterile, and bathed in a soft glow from the lighting panels overhead. An impressively large being strode down the main access corridor towards the labs, his red skin and black clothing providing a classic counterpoint to the colours of the station. A smaller human hurried to keep up.

"I want you to check the ship for tracking devices every time we go anywhere Lieutenant. It's probably a waste of your talents but let's avoid being complacent."

The human nodded. "Yes my Lord. I suggest we install a full suite of countermeasures at the next opportunity." She began to make notes on her ever-present datapad.

As they neared the main lab, the focus of the entire station, several Massassi warriors approached with another human. A full-length observation windom of transparisteel allowed a view of the main event. Jo'ren raised a hand in greeting "Brothers." before turning to look at the Star Forge and the production line.

"Dr Hix. It's still growing I see. You have a progress report for me?" It was the primary reason for making the trip. Jo'ren preferred to take them in person rather than trustng that no-one else was listening in.
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Ship: The Terror Star | Sidekick: Lt. Ashley Hin | Powerbase: The Massassi
"A Sith chooses their own path, their own destiny."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Re: Forging ahead [Pregame, about a week ago]

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:13 am

Tula Hix.jpg
Tula Hix.jpg (9.04 KiB) Viewed 4540 times

She tapped away at a control panel and then turned and said in her severe way, “My Lord, we are moving at pace. Things would go faster if we could procure more source materials. Its appetite is limitless.”

Dr. Hix added, “As it stands our chattel reserves should last for now, though it does put my side projects on hold. I have discovered that we can interface with the Star Forgelet and have it not just create print complex equipment but also graft inorganic matter onto organic matter. With your approval I have identified a batch of test subjects for this if it meets your approval.”
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:25 am

Lord Rath ran a finger along the sharp ridges that jutted out from either side of his chin. "Give Lt. Hin your wishlist and note what we need at a minimum to keep things running. It would be easier if my Master could get the damned war started up again. With Emperor's return though..."

He looked down at Hix. "This discovery of yours. It sounds like Sith Alchemy. That could prove incredibly powerful." He pondered the possibilities for a moment before nodding. "You have my approval. And as for materiel... What about the less fortunate research staff? The ones that went insane. Did you already use their remains?"
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:32 am

“Alchemy,” she scoffed and then turned her attention to Jo’ren.

“I dissected their brains, interesting findings… especially when some were alive,” she said calmly.

“I can probably identify under performing staff if need be.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:48 am

The big Sith flashed a smile at Hix's response. "Not alchemy then? Well I don't give a fuck what you call it as long as it works."

He looked at the machine thoughtfully. "You might as well feed it the leftovers. I take it the shielding is working? Any more signs of insanity I want to know about it. As for feeding it your least useful staff..." He looked down at Hix. "Use it as a threat. If it doesn't increase efficiency then you can have the worst performer, but that's all, at least until my next visit. I'm sure we can get the bodies flowing again."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:53 am

There is a hint of disappointment and then she said, “As you say my Lord. The shielding has worked immensely well, unruly incidents have been reduced by 74%, do let me know if you hear a faint buzzing and a pricking just above the frontal lobe.”

“There may be side effects for Force Users, or at least there should be,” she said confidently. In fact he could feel something like a headache in the front of his skull, nothing debilitating but it was unpleasant.

“One of the Massassi would make an excellent test bed subject for what I am calling the Integration process.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:13 am

Rath gave a faint frown. "Now that you mention it, yeah I do feel a buzzing. What's your hypothesis? Any potential for long term damage, or just a minor distraction?"

He looked over at the Massassi. "Jaarn, Kruus. Gather the Massassi present on-station and find a volunteer. Unless either of you are keen to test out Dr. Hix's procedure? She can tell you better than I can what's on offer here, in terms of enhancement."

An eyeridge rose in curiosity as the entire group's focus shifted back to the chief scientist. In the background Lt. Hin recorded detailed notes.
Last edited by Lord Jo'ren Rath on Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:18 am

She replied, “That would work well, they need to be of sound health. The Integration Process turns the recipient into a man-machine hybrid using the technology of the Star Forgelet. I can show you, an early attempt at the process, my Lord.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:45 am

"Could be useful for frontline troops. Darth Vengean is practically there himself after all those fights with the Wrath." The Sith Lord nodded when she mentioned viewing a previous attempt. "That seems wise. Let's see what you've managed to achieve so far." Or at least whether damage limitation needs to take place now.

He gestured for Dr Hix to lead them towards her early prototype, fully expecting some sort of horrific failure.
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:21 am

The chamber had ray shields around it and ionside was something that used to be human but now had plastisteel jutting out from the flesh like a carapace in odd places in a horrific melding of flesh and machine. Upon seeing visitors it charged the ray shields only to be knocked back by the effort.

Doctor Hix replied, “Subject 001, increased aggression, survivability, and redundant internal organs and systems; does not seem to utilize or have higher working functions beyond basic needs.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:42 am

Jo'ren looked sceptical. "Well well. Looks like you've made a nice distraction. The increased durability is good. Aggression, check. No higher functions is a problem though. Useful for dropping behind enemy lines and giving them something to worry about. This is your first attempt? I'm not convinced it's ready for testing on my Massassi."

He looked more closely at the mass of plastisteel. "Did the Star Forge itself come up with that design? I remember the one I got this from had produced a bunch of defense droids."

His attention returned to Hix. "Okay. Pick out the worst performing staff member and use them for the next test. See if you can provide 002 with upgrades rather than a lobotomy."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:49 am

“As you say my Lord, I am confident I can refine the process. Creating a stable interface with the device has been problematic, my areas of specialty is Xenobiology and Advanced Xenotechnology; not in Slicing or Computer Programming, especially one of this complexity,” she responded calmly.

“I was going to wait and request this with my new quarterly budget but if we are to make progress on Subject 002 we will need a skilled Computer Scientist. Unfortunately Doctor Yiv’xin was among the first to display psychotic tendencies. His brain was interesting to dissect though.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:28 am

"I'm sure it was." And she's the sane one. Rath nodded and turned to look at Ashley. "Think you could help with this or is it beyond your skills? If it's too much we can always look for a suitable candidate on Ziost."

They should be able to find most things on Ziost after all...
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:33 am

af7a266fe2c1c371f2f331edf7010bcd.jpg
af7a266fe2c1c371f2f331edf7010bcd.jpg (20.59 KiB) Viewed 4480 times

Ashley responded, "I can probably get things started my Lord but this may even be beyond my level."
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:03 am

"Alright then. The two of you take a look now, seeing as we're here. Worst case it'll help us identify what skill level we need." He waved to them to proceed.

"I'll see if I can get any useful information from the past." He produced a Sith Holocron and left the two humans to deal with the science project.

Finding an empty lab space far enough away that the headache receded he placed the holocron on a table and reached out with the force.
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:29 am

The holocron came to life and Darth Malak appeared and said in his mechanical voice, “You come again for dark wisdom, Jo’ren?”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:10 am

A faint smile crossed his lips. "I do Master." He began to pace. "The Star Forge is operational and of a size to produce weapons and armour. I seek your council on its potential. You are the only one in the galaxy with knowledge of operating one. My scientist believes it can be used to enhance living beings by turning them into cyborgs. Her first test was... unsatisfactory, but educational."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:29 am

“The operation of the Star Forge was always Revan’s greatest secret, sure I utilized it, but I simply followed what had come before. Perhaps not even he truly knew what came before, perhaps if we could get our hands on a Rakata control module we could do grand things,” he replied in his mechanical voice.
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:47 am

Jo'ren listened, his senses tingling at the mention of the enigmatic Revan. "I've been thinking a lot about the Rakata and their secrets. A control module? Hmm, yes, that might solve a lot of issues. I'm guessing Revan didn't leave one behind for us in a conveniently placed vase. Any idea what they look like?"

He could get Ashley to look into it, but maybe the old Dark Lord had some Intel.
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:52 am

Malak brought up an image of what it could look like and then said, “Revan hid many things, but a control module of Rakatan artifice is not among them. Perhaps one could be found o Rakata Prime, or any location where rakatan artifacts could be found, Korriban should have some interesting locations.”
Dapper Dog

Next

Return to Space