Forging ahead [Pregame, about a week ago]

Locations in space beyond the noted planets

Re: Forging ahead [Pregame, about a week ago]

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:04 am

He studied it for a moment and took a recording on his datapad. "Thank you Master, that will help our cause immensely. Korriban or Rakata Prime. I'll plot out the coordinates once we reach Ziost and plan an expedition."

Making a few notes he returned his full attention to the part mechanical Dark Lord. "The Emperor has returned from... Well, wherever he was. There will be a contest to fill the two empty seats on the Dark Council."
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Ship: The Terror Star | Sidekick: Lt. Ashley Hin | Powerbase: The Massassi
"A Sith chooses their own path, their own destiny."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:09 am

“And your plans?” Malak intoned with his usual glare.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:21 am

"Enhance my own power while the rest of the Empire is focused on these games. It's a huge distraction, which makes it a useful opportunity. Attention will be focused on the council and those who aspire to join it. That gives me time to focus on my personal projects." He shrugged his big shoulders. "You built a fleet with your Star Forge, right? Besides, I've got better things to do than listen to Darth Vowrawn talk all day."
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:26 am

“It seems that all this Dark Council does is talk… a useless relic. I do not understand why this Emperor would dilute their power with useless Sith who spit words like lies. Weakness,” he said disdainfully.
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:38 am

"Maybe the Emperor is finally sick of the infighting? But why wait so long? Maybe it'll become clear in the days ahead. Darth Vengean has been trying to get the council to return to a war footing, for years. At least with my help his forces are ready again." He returned to his pacing. "Of course the Great Sith of old didn't wait for permission."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:25 pm

“Permission is for slaves, yet for all my power the Jedi defeated me,” he replied honestly.

“The longer this Empire waits the weaker it will become, these Sith will tear at her flesh like virgona kill-fish, and then each other. It is inevitable.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:05 pm

Jo'ren thought about this for some time before responding.

"You're in good company, they beat Exar Kun too. Okay, you've had time to reflect. What went wrong? How did they defeat you, what would you do differently, knowing what you know now?"
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:00 pm

“That betrayal is inevitable, Revan was my downfall… the Jedi were either desperate or craftier than I surmised when they turned him against me… yet Revan was hardly a Jedi to begin with he was always just Revan. That is what drew people to him, he did not abide Codes, Jedi or Sith, a strength I had realized until long after it was too late,” he said thoughtfully.

“Revan never fell, he never rose… he simply was.”

“Perhaps my defeat was then inevitable.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:27 pm

It was a long way from what Jo'ren had expected to hear. He nodded slowly. "Dark wisdom indeed Master. You have given me much to consider."

Moving back towards the holocron he returned his thoughts to the present. "For now I will focus my efforts on finding this control module."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:36 pm

The holocron image nodded and went inert.
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:46 pm

As the palpable aura of darkness dissipated he exhaled slowly and drummed his fingers on the desk before picking up the holocron and storing it with his things. Time to see if the humans had made any headway.

He strode back to when he had left them, greeting his Massassi along the way. Approaching Hix and Hin he simply asked: "Well?"
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:03 pm

Doctor Hix replied, “We have made some tentative changes but without a qualified computer scientist, perhaps a Duros, they have a strong head for computational theory and coding. That species would be excellent and if not at least the brain would prove useful for my work.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:04 pm

"Fine. We'll find someone, or something, suitable on Ziost. I have a lead on an alternative solution, which may simplify things. In the meantime work on identifying the worst performing member of staff and keep up weapons production. My Master is happy with our progress, so let's not rush to increase the volume of shipments. Whatever efficiencies you can make, see if you can use the time to supply my Massassi with better equipment."

He nodded to Ashley. "We'd best get moving, unless there's anything else to report Dr Hix?"
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Dapper Dog on Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:15 am

“I have nothing else that needs your guidance my Lord. We will continue to do as you command and bring glory to you,” she said with little fanfare, very rote.

“I look forward to working on the massassi, when we perfect the Integration process,” that brought a thin smile to her lips.
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:03 am

"Good. You know I care less about the glory than the results. Don't disappoint me Hix. You haven't, yet." Walking back he gave the Star Forge a long look, reaching out with the Force to probe whether the headache increased or was just a background buzz.
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Dapper Dog on Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:05 am

The pain was constant but did not seem to increase at least.
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:30 am

"Hmm." He frowned a little and continued on with a last glance at the machine. As he and Lt. Hin approached the ship he looked at the Massassi guard.

"Keep an extra watch on Dr Hix my brothers. Use the secure channel I gave you if she steps too far out of line."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Dapper Dog on Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:31 am

They nod in understanding.
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:44 am

He clasped them on the shoulders. "Next time I return we'll find time for sparring. Be well."

With that said he nodded to Ashley. "Let's check the ship then get under way. Ziost awaits."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Dapper Dog on Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:47 pm

Ashley replied with respect, "Of course my Lord."

She followed dutifully.
Dapper Dog

PreviousNext

Return to Space