Doctor, Doctor Give me the News (D3, MA)

Locations in space beyond the noted planets

Doctor, Doctor Give me the News (D3, MA)

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:10 am

Sylvain readied the holocommunicator from the comm room on his wife's ship. He'd been promised to hear back from Doctor Dorros by today and wondered when he might be contacted....
Sith | Lord Mordax | Noble | Governor | Mystic | Lord of House Torsin
Carries/Wears: Jal Shey Mentor Armor w/cloak, Lightsaber (Purple Dantari, Curved Hilt), etc.
Accompanied By: Nasari Rhalu (Apprentice)
Rides: 'The Ardent Scryer'

"The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it."
Sylvain Torsin

Re: Doctor, Doctor Give me the News (D3, MA)

Postby Sarron Dorros on Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:33 am

The connection was shotty at best, but he did what he could to make sure the line wasn't bugged. I mean, for what he could do with it anyway. Maral had a good eye to tell these things, after all.He had his own means to travel to the celebrations, on a semi-public transportation no less. It wasn't exciting or glamorous, and the sheer congestion caused by that Eagle situation yesterday made this trip all the more annoyed.

At least he managed to get some privacy on this trip to Kaas City. At least enough to settle for a holocom chat. Within a few moments of getting settled, the man nodded and sent the proper frequency out to connect.

"Sylvain Torsin..." He begun as the line began to flicker. "Good to see you again."
Sith Order | Arkanian | Mystic | Alchemist | Academic | Scientist | Suspicion: Untested |Profile | Home

Carries: Robe, Datapad, Commlink, Some Tool or Something, Talismans and Potions
Often accompanied (though usually unseen) by Maral.
Sarron Dorros

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:06 pm

"And you as well Sarron Dorros." He smiled.

"I've been awaiting your call."
Carries/Wears: Jal Shey Mentor Armor w/cloak, Lightsaber (Purple Dantari, Curved Hilt), etc.

"The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it."
Sylvain Torsin

Postby Sarron Dorros on Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:28 pm

"Hmm..." He paused, unsure of how to feel about that anticipation. Was he that desperate for aid? It may be due to the situation, of course. It wouldn't be the first time he overthought about something; Shoza had brought it up to him more than once about this penchant.

"Well, that is good. I will say that, given the circumstances and the information I have obtained about the plague since our talk, I have decided that we my knowledge would indeed benefit both of us with this problem. Therefore, I have decided that for the time being, I will join your efforts in this matter. I gave my thoughts on the matter yesterday; it would be prudent to...'put up', if I'm using the slang correctly."
Sith Order | Arkanian | Mystic | Alchemist | Academic | Scientist | Suspicion: Untested |Profile | Home

Sarron Dorros

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:39 pm

"Excellent. Then there shall be no need to 'shut up' any time in the near future. I hope to hear your insights frequently and often." He smiled.

"Are you familiar with a Sith Lord named Raela Ausar?"

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Sarron Dorros on Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:47 pm

A long stare out into the distance, thinking of that name. "Yes...a fellow of my craft. Never met her in a social means...I tend to be cautious of my research among others in my field...very competitive, you see." He nodded, focusing his attention back to him.

"She's on the project, then, I take it. I'd have assumed given her feelings on this matter yesterday."

Sarron Dorros

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:00 pm

"Indeed. We are met with a situation where our competitive desires are best utilized by coordinating our efforts against a common adversary." He replied.

"I have knowledge that the Czerka Corporation is working on a cure for the plague itself. Undoubtedly the Republic too is looking for solutions. We must be the first to discover it though... And when we do, we can leverage considerable power for ourselves. The man who sells water in the middle of the desert can demand anything of the traveler dying of thirst. They choose who lives and who dies." He said in all seriousness.

"We mustn't be the thirsty traveler."

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Sarron Dorros on Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:15 pm

"Hmm..." He pauses for a moment. "A wise analogy, Sylvain Torsin. I will preemptive view on this situation is what sealed my assistance."

A slow nod. "Yes, it is important they we be the first, before any of them. The Republic should not for obvious reasons, but a company like Czerka will only seek to use it for mere profit, rather than more important goals." Sarron nods. "So, where do we stand at this moment on it? This is a secured line, so you may be blunt with me."

Sarron Dorros

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:20 pm

"Supplies run thin for most of the systems in the Outer Rim. Even the most powerful of magnates are running low on options going forward. The current treatments we have will only prolong the life of the contaminated, and then only for a matter of a week or two. Even with a flux of supplies from the Dark Council conditions will continue to worsen to the point that widespread and massive purges will be required to contain the disease. The potential loss of productivity... not to mention valuable data points for the discovery of a cure... would be nearly catastrophic on the economy of the Empire." He replied.

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Sarron Dorros on Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:10 am

"Right, makes perfect sense." He nodded in agreement to his statement. "Have we managed to obtain some quarantined samples of the virus, and have some already arrived within our area?" He hopefully didn't need to mention the importance of having any humanoid subjects under complete quarantine if that is the case. Ziost would be the better option, as the cold weather would make it the more ideal situation to store it than some of the other Empire-controlled planets.

Sarron Dorros

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:13 am

"I have a planet's full of data available. Records for much of the last three years. I have men on the ground as well in Zygerria who can conduct experiments in real-time if need be."

He continued, "Ziost as of yet does not have any confirmed cases from what I have heard. Dromund Kaas, however... does."

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Sarron Dorros on Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:16 pm

"Well, that is good to hear for expedience sake, if nothing else. The less travel we have to go deal with, the better for all involved." He didn't need to ask if it has been contained. They should be smart enough to do that already.

"Excellent. Go ahead and send me as much of it as you can and I'll read it after this...thing we're going to." Sarron did a poor job from hiding his lack of enthusiasm about attending the event they were going to. "No real rush, however. One should supposedly enough the thing we're about to do."

Sarron Dorros

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:56 pm

He nodded, "It shall be done."

Then asked, "Are you a fan of social events like this?"

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Sarron Dorros on Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:07 am

"I see the necessity of it." It was a flat statement on the expression. "I could be doing other things, however. It takes away from my research time and preparations; it is a begrudging thing that must be done, is all."

He shrugs in the holocamera. "I have been told I need to go out more, though. So it is important that I try to do something."

Sarron Dorros

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:46 am

"I'm headed there myself this evening. If you'd like any assistance let me know. I unfortunately have a lifetime's worth of training." He said with a welcoming nod.

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Sarron Dorros on Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:20 am

"My thanks for the offer, but as with all of our teachings, pain is considered to be the best one to help guide us. Assuming I will not upset some important figure in the process, I should be able to hold my own for the festivities, unpleasant as they are.

He nods to him with some assurance. "Though, if our paths cross for the night, I will be sure to greet you in our passing."

Sarron Dorros

Return to Space