[Day 3, EA] Rakatan riches or ruin?

Locations in space beyond the noted planets

Re: [Day 3, EA] Rakatan riches or ruin?

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:25 am

It sounded like twisting metal... or some metallic material straining from extreme stress.

Xyll Vanth wrote:"Perhaps," she said, before holding her hand out and, hopefully, opening the sealed door on the right, before placing it over the open passageway on the left. If there *was* radiation coming from that open passageway, this might block it somewhat. And there was also the possibility of lots of shinies behind any close door, after all.

On the other hand, if there was any indication that there was a vacuum behind the sealed door, she would quickly place the door back where it had come, to prevent them from being blown out into space.

Force Move Sealed Door: 2eF 3 Dark Side
ImageImage

(1 DS to activate power, 1 DS for strength upgrade up to silhouette 2, 1DS for range upgrades)

The sealed door squeals open revealing a long walkway but halfway across it is torn asunder and exposed to the ripping buffeting winds of the gas giant and the smell is horrendous of the gases as they quickly move towards the party… given her caution she slams it shut.

Assuming she uses caution.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:28 am

Indeed she does.

"Well, that was a mistake," she said, keeping her concentration on the door to hold it in place. "Perhaps one of you should use a lightsaber to fuse the door in place."
Sith | Human | Lord Nyx | The Witness | Academy Prodigy | Confident | Dead eye | Core-Worlds Accent
Carries: Armored Robes, Lightsaber, Datapad, Stimpacks
"When you have seen what I have seen, you will know how small you are... and how great you may yet become."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:51 am

Lucinia turned to look at Xyll, frowning. "Do you not have a lightsaber?"

She sighed. "In any case, no, it's clearly too dangerous. We shall return, properly outfitted, and take what should be ours."
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | Arya's Apprentice | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohohoho count: 10
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Xyll Vanth on Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:57 am

"Of course I do," she said, smiling, "but there's only so many things I can do at once, dear."
Sith | Human | Lord Nyx | The Witness | Academy Prodigy | Confident | Dead eye | Core-Worlds Accent
"When you have seen what I have seen, you will know how small you are... and how great you may yet become."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:36 am

Jo'ren carefully sealed the door with his single bladed saber. Lt. Hin broke out a hand scanner to monitor radiation levels.

"I think that would be the best course of action my Lords."

Rath nodded. "Pirates were paid off for 96 hours. Still got a few days."
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Ship: The Terror Star | Sidekick: Lt. Ashley Hin | Powerbase: The Massassi
"A Sith chooses their own path, their own destiny."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:16 am

"Yes..." Shaisha agreed, moving back to get away from any potential radiation.

"Now we know what to be prepared for. Think there might be any defenses to worry about?"
Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
Ship: Saarai-kaar | Attendant: Hyuna | Suspicion: Above Suspicion
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:35 am

Lord Tenebrous wrote:"Yes..." Shaisha agreed, moving back to get away from any potential radiation.

"Now we know what to be prepared for. Think there might be any defenses to worry about?"

“We could simply pull the main structure to us, my power is yours if you only allow me a moment, Lord Tenebrous,” Valkorian said to her.

“Seize it.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:47 am

Shaisha paused, thinking. A hand reaching up to her chin as possibilities ran through her mind. She had seen what Xyll was capable of with telekinesis... and she knew Jo'ren didn't have much talent there, but maybe some more that he had developed.

"... How good are you all with moving objects with the Force? Because I think I have an idea." A glance to the panel. "Do we have schematics to give us a clear image of the place... we could use the Force to pull the main structure towards us."
Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Postby Xyll Vanth on Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:57 am

"It might be done," she said, "depending on its size."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:15 am

OOC: Silhouette 7 at Extreme Range, players can roll Force and combine pips to try and move the station someone should be the primary focus to try and move the station. Also the focused character should make a Discipline check versus Daunting to control these force energies and not simply have the station smash into them which could be bad.

Flipping a Destiny so 1 red and 3 purple.
Dapper Dog

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:23 am

Xyll Vanth wrote:"It might be done," she said, "depending on its size."

Valkorian said, “You would trust her diminished power over mine, all you need to do is give me a moment and we would have this done.”

“I had expected better of you.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:40 am

I can't always rely on your powers.

"Let's do this. Xyll, I've seen what you can do already - the rest of us will focus our power through you, and we'll pul this off." Her voice was firm and even, though with a touch of frustration to it.

She would not lean on these old Emperors that were telling her what to do all the time.

---

D3 LM cooperation Force! Hoo!: 2eF 2 Dark Side
ImageImage

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:54 am

"You will move." Lucinia growled. Stretching out her arms, her fingers twisting like misshapen claws, she poured her Dark Side energy into Xyll.

----------------------------------------------------

D3EA: With our powers combined!: 2eF 2 Dark Side
ImageImage
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | Arya's Apprentice | One of Those Malveauxs
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Xyll Vanth on Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:54 am

She looked over the schematics, committing them to her memory and envisioning the sizes and distances involved, and stepped forward. She did not look at the others, but she did address them.

"It will be done. Now, focus, and open yourselves up to my will. Allow your connection to the Force to flow out, and then be directed by myself."

She took a few moments, to allow the others to prepare and do just that...

...and then she closed her eyes before reaching out through the force. Grabbing hold of the massive station with unseen hand reaching across the void and moving it toward her. With great force at first, but slowing it down as it came closer. Grace and control were necessary, and achieved, to bring it in place safely.

Discipline + Force: 3eP+1eA+2eF+1eC+3eD 1 success, 2 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

1 ds to activate power, 1 ds to activate strength (gets up to silhouette 2.
2 ds from lord tenebrous: both to activate strength (gets up to silhouette 6)
2 ds from Lucinia: 1 to activate strength (gets up to silhouete 8), 1 to activate 2x range upgrades (gets to long?)
1 DS from Jo'ren: activating 2x range upgrade (should get to extreme)
Last edited by Xyll Vanth on Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:55 am

Jo'ren thought this was all getting a bit silly. He'd already got what he came for. Why risk their lives for the slim chance of finding something else? But then he remembered his fear from the Dread Masters earlier. And the Emperor a few days before. Had he just become gutless, afraid of a challenge? His anger started to simmer and he drew on it. He remembered all the times he had failed before. Too many times. He would not compound that failure here.

What little air there was began to chill as the temperature dropped. Jo'ren shook as the rage built until finally he exclaimed: "Just. Fucking. Pull it!" Calling on the force he added his rage to the power of the others, dark side energy pulsing through him.

Day 3. LA. Rakatan section. Force die. +1 dark pip for Talent: 1eF 1 Light Side

+1 dark pip, +3 morality
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Ship: The Terror Star | Sidekick: Lt. Ashley Hin | Powerbase: The Massassi
"A Sith chooses their own path, their own destiny."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:05 am

The station for a moment did nothing and then there was the terrible sound of metal on metal echoing through the corridors and the station began to move towards them. Drawing on such dark energies they could see where the force was literally gripping into the sides of the station pulling it towards them through the chaotic soup of the gas giant atmosphere.

A spindly corridor arm exploding off the main super structure as it was twisted out of shape and then another, the station rocked and then was still as Xyll guided it into a stable orbit. It was now flush with the walls and the Sith could probably cut their way through if they liked.

It was done.
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:07 am

Slowly she opened her eyes again.

"It is done," she said. "We may proceed."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:11 am

It had been a tense moment. Feeling all of their energies combine and siphon into one...

And now she could breathe a little easier. "We did it." Take that, old ghost.

"Lightsabers should do the trick to get through... I wonder what we'll find inside." Igniting one of her sabers, Shaisha stepped forward to cut a way through.

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:19 am

Lucinia took a deep shuddering breath. "My word. That was intense, wasn't it?" Her alto voice seemed to throb with excitement.

She stepped forward eagerly, ready to see what awaited them. Although, just in case, she did slip on one of the respirators.
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:24 am

The air was still in this darkened chamber it was large like a round tower with many floors silhouetted in the dimly lit cavern of a structure. Light from the exterior poured through from the upper areas but the lower part was dark.

As they entered some parts some seemed to buzz and squeak to life causing electrical waves over the metallic surface as damaged systems thousands of years old try to whirr to life with varying levels of failure.

An alien voice crackled off and on over some internal system but what it said was lost.
Dapper Dog

PreviousNext

Return to Space