Mal-icious Mal-ware (D5, EN Balmung's Ship)

Locations in space beyond the noted planets

Mal-icious Mal-ware (D5, EN Balmung's Ship)

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:01 pm

Sylvain's ship docked in the hangar aboard Balmung's carrier late after the end of the party he had attended. He walked through the ship alone, heading directly for where he had been told Malgus would be waiting for him.
Sith | Lord Mordax | Noble | Governor | Mystic | Lord of House Torsin
Carries/Wears: Jal Shey Mentor Armor w/cloak, Lightsaber (Purple Dantari, Curved Hilt), etc.
Accompanied By: Nasari Rhalu (Apprentice)
Rides: 'The Ardent Scryer'

"The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it."
Sylvain Torsin

Re: Mal-icious Mal-ware (D5, EN Balmung's Ship)

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:53 pm

He was directed away from the bridge to the personal chambers of Darth Malgus.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:56 pm

He arrived at the door and withdrew a data spike and fiddled with it in his hand as he waited to be let in.
Carries/Wears: Jal Shey Mentor Armor w/cloak, Lightsaber (Purple Dantari, Curved Hilt), etc.

"The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it."
Sylvain Torsin

Postby Dapper Dog on Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:00 am

Malgus pulled his hood up as he entered and turned speaking, “Speak.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:12 pm

He bowed briefly before beginning, "I will get right to the point Darth. I have been approached by an organization which requested me to deliver this dataspike into the system here on Balmung's carrier to attempt to draw intel from your records. This may sound strange... but I wish to have your permission to proceed with their request."

He paused for a second before elaborating, "This organization appears to have knowledge of a number of important developments in the Empire. They appear to know much about the Eagle. They know of Imperial Intelligence's movements and actions. They have knowledge of your possession of a cure to the plague in the Outer Rim. They claim to have knowledge that you may be heading towards a confrontation with the Emperor. I was not able to ascertain much of their leadership structure or the potential threat that they indeed may pose to you or the Empire. The woman who contacted me did not appear to be lying... and I found her revelations credible enough to provoke interest."

He continued, "I do not know what skeletons lay in your closet that could be unearthed through this kind of espionage and so I wished to come to you for council first. I personally feel it would be wise to do this for them for there is potential for much gain and they suggested that if I did not do it, then they would find other assets to devote to it. By me doing it I would have another chance to pursue evidence that could be useful for our purposes, or potentially helpful in the fight against the Eagle. I do not, however, know what is being risked by allowing them access to your files. Most powerful men like yourself have many stokes in the fire that are better tucked in the coals before they are ready to leave their brand on the world. If it is the case you would prefer not to relinquish this data currently, then this will have served as a call to alarm and opportunity to tighten defenses for a potential breach in the days ahead."

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Dapper Dog on Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:14 am

Darth Malgus gave a hearty laugh, a chilling thing, and then said, “In all my years this would be the first time anyone has directly asked me to be tray me… I have a half a mind to allow it and another half to kill you. You have made a good case but if you were me how would you react to this request?”
Dapper Dog

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:43 am

He replied simply, “This is anything but a betrayal. I see it as an opportunity to collect information on a potential threat as well as evidence of ill-doing by people who would possibly oppose your efforts.”

He tilted his head, “What I don’t know is what you would like to keep hidden and its value to you. If I were you I’d have to weigh that out and see if the damage is worth the gain. Intel on the Eagle and his institutional support system within the Empire could be useful. Support from this group in the future could also be of some benefit, but to what extent they could contribute or whether they will is not certain. Either way, I am here to serve. Tell me to refrain and I shall.”

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Dapper Dog on Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:49 am

“I have nothing to hide from my lessers, do it,” he said.
Dapper Dog

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:00 am

"Excellent." He bowed formally. "I will do it post-haste."

He then stopped for a moment before asking, "I do feel compelled to ask one thing... What are your plans for the administration of the medication that cures the contagion on Zygerria? I have been placing resources towards the discovery of a cure. My associates discovered that the disease was indeed manufactured by someone... Imperial Intelligence insisted that I stop seeking a cure and 'it was under control'. I have a fair amount staked on the success of Zygerria and therefore am interested in restoring order as soon as possible... but if that is against your aims, then I will have to re-calibrate how I seek to resolve the issue."

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Dapper Dog on Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:14 am

“We are in the end game; I will not sacrifice Zygeria unless absolutely needed. They will suffer for a greater vision and then they will suffer no more,” he responded.
Dapper Dog

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:45 am

"And if I may be so bold... What would that vision be? How does Zygerria and the plague fit into this? I would see it be an asset to you and the Empire... but unfortunately the system is on the brink of destruction. The cure could be used to leverage less compliant types like Grathan and Moff Linvar into bequeathing part of their assets to me. Individuals like those of House Nuwazi could be brought under my jurisdiction and order restored to their systems. In time all of the Corporate Sector's assets could be leveraged from those who squander their resources and put to use for one purpose... The destruction of the Republic." He replied.

"Is this a vision which aligns with your own?"

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Dapper Dog on Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:55 am

“The cure will be used when it suits my plans, not before. When all becomes clear there will be no need for backbiting and useless intrigues,” he said bitterly.

“I do not need blind loyalty but I will not tolerate opposition. You have served well and made the best of an impossible situation, it will be worth while and I will bring order to that region when the time is right.”

“In the days to come you will have to decide, what is most important, a useless figurehead or a strong Empire.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:43 am

"So you intend to take on the Emperor? Your comments at court seemed as if you had a deeper meaning behind them..." He replied.

"I think you will find quite a few of my generation willing to aid you if that is indeed the case."

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Dapper Dog on Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:33 am

"We shall see how far their conviction runs," he replied.
Dapper Dog

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:47 pm

“I will follow up on an opportunity you might be interested in... There is a woman preparing to create a woman capable of killing the Emperor. Though first I must ascertain something about her connections...”

He bowed, “If there is nothing else. I shall find an inconspicuous place to insert this spike.”

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Dapper Dog on Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:38 pm

Sylvain Torsin wrote:“I will follow up on an opportunity you might be interested in... There is a woman preparing to create a woman capable of killing the Emperor. Though first I must ascertain something about her connections...”

He bowed, “If there is nothing else. I shall find an inconspicuous place to insert this spike.”

Darth Malgus replied, "Explain this."
Dapper Dog

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:37 pm

“There is a woman of House Farro who has seen a vision of the Emperor in which he seeks to destroy all life in the galaxy. She has a daughter with a strong connection to the Force whom her mother is bent on protecting. She has seen visions that direct her towards the creation of a weapon capable of killing the Emperor. She is still in the preliminary stages of collecting the necessary objects for her plan... but Darth Baras has taken an interest in her. I was influential in creating ties between them in the past. I wish to see what his aims are on this.” He replied.

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Dapper Dog on Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:56 pm

Malgus frowned and said, "As I said, I do not take rivals lightly. it seems House Farro will have to be dealt with."
Dapper Dog

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:12 pm

He tilted his head, “Rivals? I’m not sure. This is why I need to better understand the webs that pull her into the course she has chosen. She could be an ally... if things allow it to be so.”

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:28 am

“If they plot against the Emperor then what will stop them from plotting against another they dislike. You have done well, and House Farro will cease to exist when this is all done,” he replied.

“Do keep me informed of any other so-called rivals.”
Dapper Dog

Next

Return to Space