[D5, LE] Forge Master

Locations in space beyond the noted planets

[D5, LE] Forge Master

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:53 pm

It was a mercifully short trip through Hyperspace that left him with time to tend to his wounds. He swept off the ship and into the hanger, footfalls eching through the space. Lt. Hin followed closely, checking her datapad.

As usual he had called ahead with very little time for Dr. Hix to prepare, but that was how he liked to run things. It kept her on her toes.

"Dr. Hix, report."
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Ship: The Terror Star | Sidekick: Lt. Ashley Hin | Powerbase: The Massassi
"A Sith chooses their own path, their own destiny."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Re: [D5, LE] Forge Master

Postby Dapper Dog on Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:35 pm

She was ready and said, “My Lord, we have made progress on the Integration but we still need an experienced slicer or computer scientist. I am hopeful that we have one en route or you brought one with you. I am eager to move to the next phase.”
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:49 pm

Jo'ren have her a sly smile. "I'm glad to hear it Doctor. I brought something better than that. I located a Rakatan control module." He produced it from his utility belt.

"This should vastly improve and enhance our capabilities."
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Dapper Dog on Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:51 pm

“Much appreciated my Lord, I will have my people examine it,” she responded.

“I was able to convert a volunteer into a working subject, much better results than last time.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:55 pm

"I will consult with an expert in its use first." He recalled Malak's description of its ease of use.

"Show me this volunteer."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Dapper Dog on Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:46 am

She seemed confused and then replied, “I was under the impression I was your expert, my lord.”

“As long as we can move to the next phase, it really does not matter. This way,” she directed. She brought them to a containment chamber where a woman sat in plain gray clothes , human at first glance but her skin had flecks of metal in it and it seemed the organic and metallic were combined in a way as if it was grown.

She looked up at their approach and said something in a metallic voice, but the language is alien.

“This is the one side effect, this language, we are not able to parse it,” the doctor finished.
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:58 am

Jo'ren smiled at her. "Oh don't worry Doctor, you are. But I have another connection to this machine. One who operated the last such device."

He nodded at her, impressed with the work. "Is it Rakatan? Lt. Hin, do you recognise it?"
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:20 am

“Sounds like it, but I am not familiar with that language,” Hin responded.

The Doctor added, “It seems that she has lost all proficiency with Basic.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:05 am

"Hmm. That's weird." Jo'ren pulled out the control module. "Maybe this can help with translation?"

Deciding he didn't care anymore if the others saw his old friend, and not really knowing if they would be able to see him anyway, Jo'ren pulled out the holocron. Reaching for it with the force he waited for his other Master to appear.
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:28 pm

Darth Malak appeared and said, "Jo'ren, are we ready to continue?"
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:13 pm

"Yes, I have secured the control module. If you can instruct me in its use we can begin." He showed the device to the holocron Malak.
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Dapper Dog on Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:36 am

Darth Malak gave instruction on how to insert the control module but he added a warning, "This should allow us to better interface work with the machine but it could also activate any dormant programming or operations. Rakatan technology is unpredictable in it's operation. Revan and I had many... incidents in learning to operate the Star Forge."
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:39 am

Jo'ren nodded and gestured to Hix. "Let's move to the forge room. Security lockdown Doctor. I want my Massassi here as well."

He casually removed his undamaged single bladed saber from his belt, just in case things got seriously weird and/or freaky. "Lt. Hin, I suggest you monitor the situation closely in case anything goes awry."

Holding the holocron on his left hand he looked at Malak. "Thank you my Lord. Let us find out what this one has in store."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Dapper Dog on Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:36 am

The space station goes into lock down as the piece is inserted into the interface and for a moment there is nothing and then computer systems start flashing and churning out data. The good Doctor grinned and looked at the output and said, “I want all of this backed up offsite immediately.”

Then the Star Forgelet pulsed and tentacles of steel lash out into the station walls, one slamming int the shielded repeatedly but unable to pierce it. Alarm klaxons start sounded and an intrusion alert begins to sound but the staff don’t see any ships in proximity.
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:01 am

"Well that's new." Jo'ren pointed at his team. "Find out what's causing that alarm."

He reached over and activated the comm channel to speak into the Star Forge room.

"Star Forge. You are in no danger. I know you can understand me. I am Lord Jo'ren Rath and I rescued you from Nar Shaddaa. We are going to do great things together."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Dapper Dog on Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:06 am

OOC: Charm check at Average with a setback due to language barrier.
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:14 am

Ashley Hin didn't know Rakatan, but she did understand binary. She quickly translated Ltd Raths message into binary on the assumption that it would be easier for the forge to understand.

Between them they were surprisingly convincing.

Day 5. Average Charm check. Upgrade from equipment. Assist from Lt. Hin. Sense Emotions. Setback for language barrier.: 2eP+1eA+2eB+2eD 1 success, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Dapper Dog on Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:29 am

OOC: Ideas for the Triumph?
Dapper Dog

Postby Dapper Dog on Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:47 pm

After a moment things begin to settle and the machine responds in machine code which his aide translates after some typing and said, “You speak with Artisan of the mighty Star Empire, slaves bring forth your Master.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:06 pm

Jo'ren shrugged at Ashley and Dr Hix. "Drop the shield."

Lt. Hin looked at him with slight incredulity before doing as he commanded. He calmly walked into the room.

"I'm Jo'ren Rath. I'm the Master here Artisan." The Lieutenant translated it into binary.
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Next

Return to Space