[Day 8 - MA] The Malgus Deception

Locations in space beyond the noted planets

[Day 8 - MA] The Malgus Deception

Postby Dapper Dog on Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:14 pm

The defense of Ziost was in a state of disarray between the mind controlled thralls and their senseless slaughter and the coordination of Malgus troops it was not going well for Darth Lachris, she already had to kill four of her commanding officers…

Thankfully the chaos that was afflicting her troops must have been affecting Malgus as his forces were nowhere near as effective as they should be.

She maneuvered her ships into attack formation… now if only they had support from more righters as her squadrons scrambled.

OOC: Ship event open to up to three spacecraft, not a full combat but piloting and gunnery will be important. Those without a ship can utilize an Imperial Manta Fighter for this task.

Ship stats will not be important for the narrative.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Re: [Day 8 - MA] The Malgus Deception

Postby Lord Bellious on Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:44 pm

Having escaped the bombarded palace, Lord Bellious trailed a safe passage to her ship by which she had come to New Adasta. Off the landing pad, she pierced up, toward space, rather than get back to Varas Point.

On her way, she felt the Emperor's grip tightening on her again. She summoned her line of defence, the Sith Code, and kept repeating it like a mantra. Her resolve kept faltering until she felt a surge of the Dark Side that was not coming from him, but from her own pain, anger and defiance.

EA8. Slippery Mind. Deception. Influence. Ritual.: 2eP+1eA+2eF+3eD 1 failure, 2 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[3 Wounds suffered, 2 Pips for Successes, 1 for Advantage to somehow push back against Vitiate.]

"Prick me with a stim, Razzya." She seethed as she executed evasive manoeuvres on her ascent.
Sith Lord | Über-Twi'lek | Shadow | Many-faced Lethan | Has Already Won | Aspirant | No Known Master or Apprentice | Captain of the Bitch | Owner of La Belle Époque | Assistant: Razzya

Passion, X-30 Lancer, Fett Armour, Stims, Palm Stunner, Commlink, Datapad, Hans Scanner, Scramble Key, Virginia the Death Robot (sometimes)

"One must still have chaos in oneself to give birth to a dancing star." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Lord Bellious

Postby Dapper Dog on Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:28 pm

OOC: Gain a boost die to resist Vitiate next time.
Dapper Dog

Postby Dapper Dog on Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:49 pm

Drascovina was angry, she had to kill one of her minions, Seranya was always so sweet and terrible but she served a purpose and now she was dead. She frowned at the thought as she checked the systems in the Imperial fighter, as a Sith it was simple to requisition a fighter craft and sure she had some time behind the stick… almost twelve hours of simulation time.

She would be fine, and she would make Malgus… or whatever took over Seranya pay.

She opened a line to Moyr’s ship, “Stay on my wing, and don’t get in my way. Byron One out.”

OOC: Give this some more time for one more.
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Bellious on Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:01 am

"This is Bitch One. And who do you want to shoot at so badly, darling?" Moyr said with a chirp, having just received a stimshot.
Sith Lord | Über-Twi'lek | Shadow | Many-faced Lethan | Has Already Won | Aspirant | No Known Master or Apprentice | Captain of the Bitch | Owner of La Belle Époque | Assistant: Razzya

Passion, X-30 Lancer, Fett Armour, Stims, Palm Stunner, Commlink, Datapad, Hans Scanner, Scramble Key, Virginia the Death Robot (sometimes)

"One must still have chaos in oneself to give birth to a dancing star." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Lord Bellious

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:53 am

Lord Bellious wrote:"This is Bitch One. And who do you want to shoot at so badly, darling?" Moyr said with a chirp, having just received a stimshot.

“Seriously?” she said incredulously.

“Darth Malgus is a jerk and I am not even sure what has everyone acting like a complete idiot,” she responded.

“This is gonna be totally whizz.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Bellious on Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:18 am

"Malgus may be jerk like any Sith worth their schooling, I am not a big fan of him, but in the end this is all the Emperor's doing. The murderous craze down there is due to his massive mind control powers. Malgus has only tipped his hand. The Emperor has been coming for us all for a while." Moyr retorted in calm voice. "That's why I asked."

Lord Bellious

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:22 am

"Wait, the Emperor is doing the crazy stuff?" she asked with confusion.
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Bellious on Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:33 am

"That's the long and short of it. It's a first-hand account. I have escaped his domination only by the narrowest of margins. Now, we can try to build some distance from Ziost to check if it factors in, or we can do something here to give those sane down there a better fighting chance."

Lord Bellious

Postby Jan Melmoar on Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:57 am

Jan was pretty sure nobody would miss a little old fighter in all this confusion....

A rogue Imperial Manta shoots onto the scene, belatedly realising there appears to be some kind of combat occurring.

A hail from ground control
"Pilot! What is your callsign?"

"Uh......Rogue?"
"Rogue what?"
"Like....seven?"
"....You're cleared to engaged Rogue seven, show those scum what they get for challenging us."
The line clicks off
"...Wait, who am I fighting?"

She pilots the ship towards Bellious and Drascovina's
"This is Rogue Seven reporting for duty....please tell me I know one of you."
The Czerka Corp Rep | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran
| Always looking for a sale | Sharpshooter | Has an intern!|
Jan Melmoar

Postby Lord Bellious on Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:00 am

"Bitch One to Rogue Seven. Operation Pumpkin Spice."

Lord Bellious

Postby Jan Melmoar on Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:04 am

Lord Bellious wrote:"Bitch One to Rogue Seven. Operation Pumpkin Spice."

"Lord Bellious! Thank whichever space mysticism I am believing in at the moment! I'm ready to fight by the side of the eventual winners for the righteous cause they believe in, just point me at them!"
Jan Melmoar

Postby Lord Bellious on Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:09 am

"I think we might give Darth Lachris a chance to reassess given who her master is fighting down there."

Lord Bellious

Postby Jan Melmoar on Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:14 am

Lord Bellious wrote:"I think we might give Darth Lachris a chance to reassess given who her master is fighting down there."

“Yes m’am”

her ship wiggles its wings.
Jan Melmoar

Postby Lord Bellious on Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:22 am

"I'll call out Void Sabre now." She briefly silenced comms. "Razzya, get me whatever facts are likely to help me convince Lachris." Moyr opened comms to Lachris' flagship frequencies.

Lord Bellious

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:36 am

Lord Bellious wrote:"I'll call out Void Sabre now." She briefly silenced comms. "Razzya, get me whatever facts are likely to help me convince Lachris." Moyr opened comms to Lachris' flagship frequencies.

“Lord Bellious, tell me you are not also affected by whatever madness has stricken half my crew?” she said on an open channel.

Lachris added, “I have a counter strike building, care to join our assault on Darth Malgus command ship?”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Bellious on Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:54 am

"I am not, Darth Lachris, though it's been close. Before any shootout starts, let me just brief you on what happened down there in the People's Tower. Having his hand forced by Malgus' coup, the Emperor has begun his purge of the Darth Council and the planet-wide bloodbath by dominating minds of all who couldn't resist it. When I was leaving the courtroom, your master was fighting for his life with the Emperor's thralls." Moyr looked at Razzya's data sheet.

[Activating DP for a Triumph from Valuable Facts on any social roll that may follow.]

"The Emperor is ready to sacrifice everyone in this. I don't contend with your thoughts on Malgus' usurpation, but one thing is plain clear now: the interests of the Emperor and of the Sith Empire have become divergent. The Emperor has changed Ziost into a hellscape and he may choose to leave it soon. If those who have resisted his will, likely centred around Moderates and House Farro, don't manage to stop him down there, your flotilla - and Malgus' - are the next line. I assume both have already been compromised to some extent by the craze among commanders. At this moment, in my opinion, deciding the fate of Malgus' usurpation comes second."
Last edited by Lord Bellious on Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Bellious

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:59 am

“I have my orders and frankly we need to take this moment to cripple Malgus ship before he tries an escape to hyperspace. Protecting Ziost is my primary concern,” she replied back.

OOC: Confused does that not require a roll to get that? Valuable Facts.
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Bellious on Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:03 am

OOC. It does. Here it is.

MA8. Valuable Facts.: 1eP+4eA+2eD 2 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Lord Bellious

Postby Lord Bellious on Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:09 am

"Then test his intentions by an offer of truce if he gives you the codes to deactivate his hyperdrives or brings them down himself. He doesn't need them if he truly wants to fight for Ziost like you."

Lord Bellious

Next

Return to Space