One Small Step for Sithkind [LA9]

Locations in space beyond the noted planets

One Small Step for Sithkind [LA9]

Postby Lord Bellious on Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:47 am

Again in orbit, Moyr found herself more at ease. Watching the wounded Ziost below she felt nothing in particular; she couldn't have cared less for this frigid world. What interested her about what could follow was more intellectual than emotional, though Passion for the new and Anger for the limitations being put on it were ever-present.

The Bitch kept a geostationary orbit, thrusters dimmed, ready to be sleeved up with another vessel.
Sith Lord | Über-Twi'lek | Shadow | Many-faced Lethan | Has Already Won | Aspirant | No Known Master or Apprentice | Captain of the Bitch | Owner of La Belle Époque | Assistant: Razzya

Passion, X-30 Lancer, Fett Armour, Stims, Palm Stunner, Commlink, Datapad, Hans Scanner, Scramble Key, Virginia the Death Robot (sometimes)

"One must still have chaos in oneself to give birth to a dancing star." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Lord Bellious

Re: One Small Step for Sithkind [LA9]

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:54 am

The ship formerly known as the Terror Star sent a hailing code and moved alongside. It was a spectacular view from up here and an opportunity to make sure the old girl was fully functional after her nonstop to to Nathema and back.

Jo'ren's voice came over the comms channel. "Nice spot you picked. Ready for docking?"
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Ship: The Terror Star | Sidekick: Lt. Ashley Hin | Powerbase: The Massassi
"A Sith chooses their own path, their own destiny."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Lord Bellious on Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:02 am

"Feel invited, Jo'ren. Wine's chilling." She responded casually, letting her fingers run the console in enabling a standard procedure.
Sith Lord | Über-Twi'lek | Shadow | Many-faced Lethan | Has Already Won | Aspirant | No Known Master or Apprentice | Captain of the Bitch | Owner of La Belle Époque | Assistant: Razzya

Passion, X-30 Lancer, Fett Armour, Stims, Palm Stunner, Commlink, Datapad, Hans Scanner, Scramble Key, Virginia the Death Robot (sometimes)

"One must still have chaos in oneself to give birth to a dancing star." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Lord Bellious

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:06 am

The docking proceeded smoothly and a few minutes later Lord Rath appeared. It was the first time he had seen Moyr's ship on the inside. He had a batch of bloodwine with him in a barrel.

"Good day to be alive. I hear you took the fight to Malgus?"
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Lord Bellious on Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:35 am

"Me?" She chortled, gesturing him toward a rotund common space in the midsection hosting a leisure space. "It was the Emperor; Baras said so. The memory of digging my torepdoes into the propulsion of Malgus' cruiser must have been some hallucinatory side-effect of those chemical agents Baras also talked about."

Lord Bellious

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:32 am

"Hey, if Baras said it..." He chuckled and set down the barrel. "Big day for hallucinations. Good to see you in one piece."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Lord Bellious on Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:15 pm

"A reciprocated sentiment, Jo'ren." She poured the fare for both of them. "Not everyone who should made it. The Queen's dead. Mahr and Giyanzi are slated to ascend in her place."

Lord Bellious

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:39 pm

"Jug'tih is dead? I suppose it didn't stop her before, but still..." He accepted the receptacle with thanks. "King Mahr huh? Good. After Darth Arya's pronouncements today I think Mahr's ready for this Brave New Empire. Haven't met Giyanzi, will have to rectify that."

Walking over to viewport he stared down at the planet. "We could have easily lost more yesterday. Everything was balanced on a knife edge."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Lord Bellious on Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:35 pm

"So you were there when he was slain?" She moved to stand beside him and take in the same view.

Lord Bellious

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:57 pm

He shrugged and raised the glass, looking through the murky liquid. "I heard the Emperor slew Darth Malgus in personal combat. Bet it was something to behold. Can you imagine being there? Or what it would be like to fight the Emperor?"
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Lord Bellious on Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:16 pm

"I suppose your imagination is better nourished than mine in this regard." A sip replaced any commentary via expression. "Counterfactuals aside, it looks like your master is among the key beneficiaries of the change."

Lord Bellious

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:31 pm

"I can't imagine many warriors who could walk away from a fight like that." He gave her a sly grin. "Yeah, looks like Darth Vengean is getting his war and the tools he needs. Not really surprising considering he was Darth Arya's apprentice. It'll keep him invested in the new order so it's a solid political move."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Lord Bellious on Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:45 pm

She caught the smile and took another thoughtful sip, looking at him. "I could imagine one. And how is your future shaping up under these circumstances?"

Lord Bellious

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:55 pm

"I'm on good terms with the Empress. I don't seem to have pissed off anyone important, which is unusual." He raised his cup to her.
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Lord Bellious on Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:09 pm

"I can't say I am in a similar position vis-a-vis the new regime. In the end, my investment in the bid proved to be a costly mistake, and it looks like it will be really hard to recover from it." She sighed, not even speaking about the hidden costs, but returned the toast. "To your future, Jo'ren. It looks like a good bet to make." She said genuinely and drank heartily.

Lord Bellious

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:31 pm

Jo'ren shrugged. "I think you'll find your name is known well enough now to have more sway than before. You were leading the pack. People will remember that." He raised his glass. "But I'll drink to my future, sure. And to yours."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Lord Bellious on Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:40 pm

"We'll see about that." She smiled faintly, finishing the toast. "I think I need a trip to Yavin to rebound. I am also curious what has become of the facility I found. I wouldn't be surprised to find Zash somewhere around those quarters. You heard her mouthpieces in court, she's already pacing ahead."

Lord Bellious

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:00 pm

"Yeah. She's on my list. Hard to know what she's planning now. Guess that means we'd better find out." He thought back to his time on Yavin IV. "Sounds like a good way to regroup. There's something about it."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Lord Bellious on Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:45 pm

"The royal couple may need some assistance in establishing their rule. Successions often turn out to be bloody even when they are hereditary and powerful external actors have no stake in interference. Zash's agent seemed rather interested in the hybrids Giyanzi represents." She was draining the liquid. "And it's the Massassi of course. They may be quick to tribally politicise the difference between them and the hybrids. Risk factors abound, frankly. Probably the sooner we take precautions, the better."

Lord Bellious

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:21 am

"Yeah. Can't have them going back to how things were when we arrived. At least Hurn is gone so there's one less problem." He thought about 'his' Massassi.

"I trust my warriors, and the Massassi Sith I trained. Well, as much as anyone can trust a Sith. What can you tell me about the others? I've not really had time to meet the hybrids."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Next

Return to Space