[D9, LE] The Difference Engine

Locations in space beyond the noted planets

Re: [D9, LE] The Difference Engine

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:38 am

Pulling out a datapad he noted down the request, probably mangling the spelling to all hell. The name was unfamiliar but he knew what a kris-knife looked like.

"I'll see what I can do. Guess I should go work on my own weapon and leave you to it." He picked up the pieces and started to head for the door. Hix should be finished with the tour soon.
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Ship: The Terror Star | Sidekick: Lt. Ashley Hin | Powerbase: The Massassi
"A Sith chooses their own path, their own destiny."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Dapper Dog on Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:41 am

She was waiting and said, “The duros will fit in just fine, his mind should be more than apt to the task. With his hep we can scale up the production process, which may require an increase or second site for actually applying the integration process on a large scale.”
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:50 am

Jo'ren nodded, glad that Dr Hix was proving to be the asset he had hoped. "Excellent news Doctor. We'll need a bigger place to operate from anyway as the Artisan continues to grow. I have some leverage with the new regime, so it should be possible to do so quickly in this time of readjustment. I was thinking a new location, more and dedicated labs, better defenses, Hyperspace tracking facilities, that sort of thing."
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Dapper Dog on Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:54 am

Dr. Hix almost smiled, instead she said, "I have put together a proposal that should outline our future needs over a five year period."
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:01 am

You could always rely on an academic for a five year plan. "Perfect. I will make the arrangements. You have done well Doctor. Is there anything else that you desire?"

He hoped she wasn't about to ask for an Imperial Burger.
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Dapper Dog on Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:05 am

She considered it and then said, "My needs are satisfied for now, I have plenty of subjects to dissect and study and this future work will keep me well employed."

"Our findings will be the envy of the Empire, in your name of course, my Lord"
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:16 am

"Indeed. And your name will be envied by your colleagues. I'm looking forward to leading my enhanced soldiers into battle."

The crystal in his palm was calling to him. "Carry on Doctor. I'm going to make use of the weapons lab. Oh, before I forget: watch Govi carefully. I'll be paying him based on your performance review".
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:25 am

"Of course, my Lord," she responded.
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:58 am

"You are dismissed Doctor. Keep up the good work."

Jo'ren walked through into the weapons lab and set down the crystal and the pieces he had acquired so far. With a thoughtful look he took out Darth Malak's holocron and quizzed the old Dark Lord about saber designs. It gave him a few ideas but left him wondering if he was missing something.

Returning to the Forge he told it what he had in mind. "I must craft my own weapon Artisan. You can aid me though. Before I go, will you provide me with the finest parts, to my specifications? Then I will leave you to your masterwork."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:48 am

The Artisan complies though it seems to imply this is beneath it.
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:37 am

He laughed at the suggestion and thanked it for helping him. Collecting the parts he took the time to check in with each of his Massassi before returning to his ship.

/scene
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Previous

Return to Space