Knock, knock (D0, LA)

Cathedral dedicated to the teachings of the Dread Masters

Re: Knock, knock (D0, LA)

Postby Ilar'Shala on Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:22 am

"In as much as there are fallen Jedi there are loyal Sith. I understand it is not a common passion to pursue, and is rarely a two way street, but in some capacity I believe it can." Ilar replied after a little though.

"Be it even such a simple thing as mutual beneficence. True loyalty though, I could not say but I would ask, are most Sith not loyal to The Emperor?"
Imperial/Twi'lek/Apprentice of Raela Ausar
Suspicion: Trusted
Wears: Signet Ring, Formal robes, cascader, comlink, datapad.
Ilar'Shala

Postby Darth Hofu on Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:38 am

"Most Sith fear the Emperor, as they should, those are not the same thing," he said honestly.
Sith | Artisan of Dread | Dark Side | Sage | Aspirant | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
Darth Hofu

Postby Ilar'Shala on Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:46 am

"Most," Ilar reiterated with a nod. "I would look forward to reading the treatises of The Dread Word in how it incorporates this fear into its teachings."
Ilar'Shala

Postby Darth Hofu on Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:50 am

“Fear is the natural state of the Galaxy, for we are the Galaxy… we are the Universe. If there is one emotion that motivates all living things it is fear… the Emperor and the Dread Masters are the apex of that fear. That from which all other necessities are borne,” he responded.

Played by Dapper Dog
Darth Hofu

Postby Ilar'Shala on Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:55 am

Ilar ponders the words and finds himself nodding in agreement. "Fear is an important development in all sentient life. Without fear, we would all have died out millenia ago from curiosity. I am proud to say that there is not much that I fear, but I would seek to further master it. To acknowledge it, but not be beholden to it."
Ilar'Shala

Postby Darth Hofu on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:00 am

“No Sith, no living being is without Fear,” he said honestly.

Played by Dapper Dog
Darth Hofu

Postby Ilar'Shala on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:19 am

"True, but there are those who let their fear turn their blood to water and those who feel it, channel it, and force it to drive them to greater heights. Fear and pain are old friends of mine." Ilar offered somewhat philosophically.
Ilar'Shala

Postby Darth Hofu on Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:56 pm

“Are they now, I find that hard to believe for a slave but then again I was never bound as you were,” he said.

“Care to explain these old friends of yours?”

Played by Dapper Dog
Darth Hofu

Postby Ilar'Shala on Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:07 pm

"If you can't understand the intimate relationship a slave has with pain and fear, then I am truly glad that your circumstances spared you that experience. I have had a Master who experimented on my mind and body and while it strengthened one, it weakened the other. It was only my will and discipline that allowed me to escape the mental death many slaves face at the loss of hope and constant fear that any moment could be one's last."

Ilar took a deep steadying breath, recounting that part of his life was draining, even for just those few moments. "I conquered much of my fear in those days, and endured unfathomable pain. Perhaps frenemies would be a better term for our relationship, than friends."
Ilar'Shala

Postby Darth Hofu on Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:39 pm

“Your Master has an interesting slave, hopefully she appreciates your worth,” he said cautiously.

Played by Dapper Dog
Darth Hofu

Postby Dino Brado on Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:54 pm

Back at the entrance, a Trandoshan seemed to be eyeing the entrance. Dino, as he was called, glanced around the door frame, taking an interest in the vaulted archways. He had seen fancier, to be sure, but this was still rather impressive.

He began to cautiously look around, trying to notice what he had had heard of: other Trandoshans.
Not-Sith | Giant Reptile | Unarmed | Hulking | Force Sensitive?
Equipment: Cybernetic Arm, Wilderness Survival Pack, Thermal Cloak, Koromondian Halfvest

Theme: Knights of Cydonia
Dino Brado

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:20 pm

Dino Brado wrote:Back at the entrance, a Trandoshan seemed to be eyeing the entrance. Dino, as he was called, glanced around the door frame, taking an interest in the vaulted archways. He had seen fancier, to be sure, but this was still rather impressive.

He began to cautiously look around, trying to notice what he had had heard of: other Trandoshans.

The one thing that dd seem out of place was that there were many species working together under a single roof and none seems to have the slave collars that one would exact. He did spy a group of Trandoshans working diligently on repairing a column.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Dino Brado on Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:47 pm

Dino cautiously approaches the group at work, nodding in greeting.

"Hail." His voice is gravelly. "It seems that you are the ones of whom I had heard. Those who are leaving the Scorekeeper behind for..." Dino's reptilian eyes flicker "A different path."
Equipment: Cybernetic Arm, Wilderness Survival Pack, Thermal Cloak, Koromondian Halfvest

Dino Brado

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:52 pm

A woman speaks guardedly in the Trandoshan tongue, “We simply see things differently. We mean no offense to the Scorekeeper.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Dino Brado on Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:08 pm

"If you do, that is of no concern to me." Dino's tone is flat. "And does not effect me. What does is my own curiosity. My own relationship is...different as well. If the Scorekeeper chose to slow my count, so that I may reap a greater harvest, then I am a fool to not observe the sights that the different path."

Dino cocks his head to the side, trying to observe the female who had spoken up.

Dino Brado

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:17 pm

She had brown-black scales and sleek stature belying a ropy musculature. She feted a stone into place as another worked to secure it. She said heedless of the strain, “Then you may have come to a place to find some answers. Make no doubt the humans and Sith look down their snouts at us and seek cooler waters when we are near but these at least know that there waters are just as muddy.”

“Perhaps you can see what is down the river as plainly as we do.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Dino Brado on Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:41 pm

"I have long since felt the look down the snout. Enough to know that it can make them cross-eyed." Dino makes a sound in his throat, not unlike a bark. "I hope it does not confound their voice as I ask those questions."

Dino strides on, heading further in. Perhaps someone has those "answers" the female spoke of.

Dino Brado

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:44 pm

The trandoshans watch him go; he can see a Sith talking to what looks like a twi’lek slave, some people gathered to have a discussion and meal and woman meditating alone in the darkness with a single lit brazier behind her.
Dapper Dog

Postby Dino Brado on Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:58 pm

Most Sith tended to be upset when their discussions with their slaves were interrupted, so Dino held off for now. The beings in the building seem to not mind others being around. But meditation...he hadn't done that in a while.

Dino sits next to the woman and crosses his legs. The Instructor had always made his students do so, and Dino had picked up the basics. It seemed to be the task of sitting as still as long as possible and think as little as possible...and while it probably hadn't been designed as such, actually proved to be helpful when being kept in the cell until the next time he was needed.

Dino Brado

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:25 pm

He did not feel peace in her meditation quite the opposite, it was... frantic.

She radiated terror.
Dapper Dog

PreviousNext

Return to Cathedral of Dread