Knock, knock (D0, LA)

Cathedral dedicated to the teachings of the Dread Masters

Re: Knock, knock (D0, LA)

Postby Dino Brado on Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:32 pm

Dino's eyes snap open. "Mmm, that's something." The words come unbidden.

There was an emotional wellspring in front of him...it wasn't clear how he knew that, but he could feel it. And in spite of that was just...unbridled terror.

"
Not-Sith | Giant Reptile | Unarmed | Hulking | Force Sensitive?
Equipment: Cybernetic Arm, Wilderness Survival Pack, Thermal Cloak, Koromondian Halfvest

Theme: Knights of Cydonia
Dino Brado

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:56 pm

"Did you see them, the dark things in me mind?" the woman hissed.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Dino Brado on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:12 pm

"No." The response is curt and emotionless "Whatever they are, they are still yours. What I see if your grip on them...or their grip on you." Dino cocks his head again, as if observing a bit taking short, hopped flights.
Equipment: Cybernetic Arm, Wilderness Survival Pack, Thermal Cloak, Koromondian Halfvest

Dino Brado

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:15 pm

“I am a daughter of dread and fear, I allow the Fear to consume me, I will master it, I will steal it’s strength and I will be the Fear,” she said softly, a prayer it sounded like.

“This is Sister Sorrow, she had a name once but it was given to the Dread Masters,” she said with an odd accent to her Basic.
Dapper Dog

Postby Dino Brado on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:41 pm

Dino nods, apparently in understanding. "This one is Dino Brado, and once held another name as well. The first laf was given by The Instructor as an insult. It seemed fitting the take the second half from him."

Dino's expression turns quizzical once more. "I had heard that others of my kind had come here. That they sought a freedom away from the Scorekeeper that would break their bonds."

Dino Brado

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:44 pm

“Many come to us, your kind is no different and they are welcome here. The Dread Word is for all, we all know Fear and we all have the potential to be stronger for it,” she said honestly.

“Frilazk is their leader if they have a leader, she came to us broken. She mended herself, and she now mends others.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Dino Brado on Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:01 pm

"We certainly know it." Dino's expression turns to something that is not quite a smile. "And I am...interested in becoming stronger. But I am not one who fixes others. Quite the opposite, in fact."

Dino Brado

Postby Dapper Dog on Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:17 am

“The Dread Word demands many things of us, to mend or destroy, both are welcome,” he said in reply.
Dapper Dog

Postby Dino Brado on Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:24 am

Dino nods and then stops. "And this..."Dread Word" is to lead them to freedom? To break their shackles?"

Dino Brado

Postby Ilar'Shala on Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:04 am

Darth Hofu wrote:“Your Master has an interesting slave, hopefully she appreciates your worth,” he said cautiously.

Ilar nods his head non-committedly at the comment. He was loathe to speak for what his Master thought, though he knew that she held a positive opinion of him and his talents.

Glancing over his shoulder he saw the Trandoshan enter the Temple and conversing with some of the other followers of The Word.

"It seems the influx of visitors to Ziost has increased interest in the Dread Masters."
Imperial/Twi'lek/Apprentice of Raela Ausar
Suspicion: Trusted
Wears: Signet Ring, Formal robes, cascader, comlink, datapad.
Ilar'Shala

Postby Dapper Dog on Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:07 am

Dino Brado wrote:Dino nods and then stops. "And this..."Dread Word" is to lead them to freedom? To break their shackles?"

“It is a vehicle that can brig them to an end they desire. No one can break the shackles that bind them but themselves, freedoms imply given is not truly earned,” she said coyly.

She rose and gestured, “Does this interest you?”
Dapper Dog

Postby Darth Hofu on Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:08 am

Ilar'Shala wrote:Ilar nods his head non-committedly at the comment. He was loathe to speak for what his Master thought, though he knew that she held a positive opinion of him and his talents.

Glancing over his shoulder he saw the Trandoshan enter the Temple and conversing with some of the other followers of The Word.

"It seems the influx of visitors to Ziost has increased interest in the Dread Masters."

“Naturally the people are drawn to Strength and Power,” he responded confidently.
Sith | Artisan of Dread | Dark Side | Sage | Aspirant | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
Darth Hofu

Postby Ilar'Shala on Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:14 am

With a nod of agreement, for such was the way of the followers of the Empire to constantly seek out ways to strengthen oneself, Ilar turned slightly to spot the entrance.

"And that is why I shall return tomorrow to speak more with whomever is available about the way of the Dread Word. My external shackles will soon be no more, but I want the strength to break my self imposed chains as well."
Ilar'Shala

Postby Dino Brado on Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:31 am

Dapper Dog wrote:
Dino Brado wrote:“It is a vehicle that can brig them to an end they desire. No one can break the shackles that bind them but themselves, freedoms imply given is not truly earned,” she said coyly.

She rose and gestured, “Does this interest you?”

"Hmmph. Good answer." Dino looks at his clawed right hand. "I would have thought you a deceiver had you offered power, or a path that you gave them. The Scorekeeper sent me fear, and pain, and fury, but it was my hand that let me survive to my freedom."

And joy, and sorrow, and nostalgia... It was a thought that went unspoken, but flitted through Dino's mind.

"I learned many years ago that the fear of pain can kill more surely than pain itself. If you offer the teachings to control it...to use it against others, to use theirs, then I am interested."

Dino Brado

Postby Darth Hofu on Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:35 am

Ilar'Shala wrote:With a nod of agreement, for such was the way of the followers of the Empire to constantly seek out ways to strengthen oneself, Ilar turned slightly to spot the entrance.

"And that is why I shall return tomorrow to speak more with whomever is available about the way of the Dread Word. My external shackles will soon be no more, but I want the strength to break my self imposed chains as well."

"Return whenever you have need of guidance," he responded casually but firmly.
Sith | Artisan of Dread | Dark Side | Sage | Aspirant | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
Darth Hofu

Postby Dapper Dog on Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:37 am

“We do not seek to trick anyone, we offer nothing but hard work and a purpose,” she said proudly with her exotic accent.
Dapper Dog

Postby Dino Brado on Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:54 am

"I am curious then. Where can I find these teachings?"

Dino Brado

Postby Ilar'Shala on Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:12 am

Darth Hofu wrote:"Return whenever you have need of guidance," he responded casually but firmly.

Ilar turned to leave, passing by the inquisitive Trandoshan and offering him a nod of acknowledgment as he headed towards the exit.
Ilar'Shala

Postby Dapper Dog on Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:36 am

Dino Brado wrote:"I am curious then. Where can I find these teachings?"

Sister Sorrow replied, “The teachings are here, if you wish a lesson return when we are giving class and you can begin learning alongside your peers. We prefer to share the teachings directly, does that trouble you?”
Dapper Dog

Postby Dino Brado on Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:46 pm

Dapper Dog wrote:
Dino Brado wrote:"I am curious then. Where can I find these teachings?"

Sister Sorrow replied, “The teachings are here, if you wish a lesson return when we are giving class and you can begin learning alongside your peers. We prefer to share the teachings directly, does that trouble you?”

"It does not. Most training sessions I have seen were with groups. I am told that it is beneficial to see the faults and successes of others...the faults to correct for yourself, and the successes to drive you to surpass them."

Of course, that was a very different type of training, in a very different place.

"When is the first training session?"

Dino Brado

PreviousNext

Return to Cathedral of Dread