[ME1] Bird is the Word?

Cathedral dedicated to the teachings of the Dread Masters

[ME1] Bird is the Word?

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:19 pm

Remmington is chatting with Yen-Dor Farro on his comlink as he heads back to his resort room. Best to change into something nice before the big party tonight. Along the way, he spies an odd cathedral. He has heard of it but this is the first time seeing it up close. He decides to approach and see what the word is.

He knocks on the door.
Sith | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Mechanic | Duelist | Charming | Honourary Fett | Monolith Slayer | Exp 2
"The nail that sticks out shall be hammered down."

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour [Mandalorian], Lightsaber - Gram, Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally
Remmington Thalalas

Re: [ME1] Bird is the Word?

Postby Dapper Dog on Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:23 pm

The large doors open revealing a large open chamber with pillars and people, human and non-humans in discussion.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:30 am

Remmington steps inside the cathedral. He looks around first noting the entrances and exits. Then anything else notable. Then he starts paying more attention to the people and their conversations. Trying to find who here is in charge and how devout these followers are.
Sith | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Mechanic | Duelist | Charming | Honourary Fett | Monolith Slayer | Exp 2

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour [Mandalorian], Lightsaber - Gram, Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Remmington Thalalas

Postby Dapper Dog on Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:45 pm

The discussions are pretty mundane mostly, what are they doing for the night or what is happening on some holonet show. There is a line of people getting an evening meal as if a makeshift soup kitchen and that seems to be the bulk of the action for the evening.
Dapper Dog

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:00 pm

Remmington wonders if they are merely just trying to lure the poor and desperate into some kind of cult. People will do just about anything when they are pushed into a corner. He continues walking around and takes a quick look around with his scanner goggles to see if there is something else here that is not easily seen.

Remmington Thalalas

Postby Dapper Dog on Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:07 pm

A woman approached, Sith by the look of her and said, "What are you up to?"
Dapper Dog

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:25 pm

Remmington raises his goggles back on his head now that the bait was taken. "I heard something about the power of the Word. Though when I looked around, I did not see anything as such so I thought that I may have missed something."

He gives the other Sith a polite bow. "Please excuse my hasty judgement. I am Remmington Thalalas."

Remmington Thalalas

Postby Dapper Dog on Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:34 pm

"I know how you are," she said bluntly.

"You come into our home and try to spy on our works, that does not endear you to me," she said flatly.
Dapper Dog

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:51 am

"Oh you do? May I ask for your name?" Remmington asks.

"I came to learn more about what this word of yours has to offer. I heard that there is power to be attained but I do not see anything here aside from starving refugees. If this is all that is here then I shall take my leave." He replies.

Remmington Thalalas

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:52 am

“The Dread Word is a path to power, but one must be found worthy of it,” she responded.

“I am Lord Thorne, we were in the same class at Korriban, many years ago.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:19 am

Thorne... Remmington thinks about that for a moment. "Ah, yes. I remember now. Apologies for not recognizing you from before. Congratulations on your advancement Lord Thorne. You seem much different than from our Academy days."

"So how does one become or prove themselves worthy?" He asks.

Remmington Thalalas

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:22 am

"You must be named an Apostle of Dread by Darth Hofu," she said honestly.
Dapper Dog

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:44 am

Remmington nods. "I see. Is it possible to speak with Darth Hofu?" He is expecting some kind of test to come up.

Remmington Thalalas

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:45 am

She turned and started walking wordlessly.
Dapper Dog

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:56 am

Remmington follows along since he has nothing better to go with.

Remmington Thalalas

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:34 pm

She brought him to a smaller chamber off the large room and said, "What scares you, Remmington?"
Dapper Dog

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:08 am

Remmington does not hesitate to answer. "Failing."

Remmington Thalalas

Postby Dapper Dog on Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:17 pm

Remmington Thalalas wrote:Remmington does not hesitate to answer. "Failing."

“Failure is common, it is something I had to learn after Korriban. Do you think you can live a life free of failure?” she asked.
Dapper Dog

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:01 am

Remmington shakes his head. "No. One cannot avoid failure in life.

On the other hand, failures are need. In order to be overcome and there is strength to be gained from overcoming them."

Remmington Thalalas

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:02 am

"So why fear them?" she asked.
Dapper Dog

Next

Return to Cathedral of Dread