Just Like A Prayer [MA3]

Cathedral dedicated to the teachings of the Dread Masters

Just Like A Prayer [MA3]

Postby Lord Bellious on Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:33 am

Dread was from the psycho-mystical vocabulary Moyr understood, but she also didn't know all the exigencies of this particular sect worshipping it. One of her rivals was closely aligned with it, but it might have mattered less than the nature of their teachings. Lord Bellious wanted to know more.

She chose not be incognito, wearing her recognisable armour.
Sith Lord | Über-Twi'lek | Shadow | Many-faced Lethan | Has Already Won | Aspirant | No Known Master or Apprentice | Captain of the Bitch | Owner of La Belle Époque | Assistant: Razzya

Passion, X-30 Lancer, Fett Armour, Stims, Palm Stunner, Commlink, Datapad, Hans Scanner, Scramble Key, Virginia the Death Robot (sometimes)

"One must still have chaos in oneself to give birth to a dancing star." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Lord Bellious

Re: Just Like A Prayer [MA3]

Postby Dapper Dog on Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:51 am

"Lord Bellious, welcome to our Cathedral," Hofu offered as he excused himself from a conversation.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Bellious on Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:08 pm

"Salutations, Darth Hofu. So this is the place." She looked around. "I suppose I'd like a tour and elaboration. I hope we can put the rivalry issue aside for this. Fear is a fascinating subject after all."
Sith Lord | Über-Twi'lek | Shadow | Many-faced Lethan | Has Already Won | Aspirant | No Known Master or Apprentice | Captain of the Bitch | Owner of La Belle Époque | Assistant: Razzya

Passion, X-30 Lancer, Fett Armour, Stims, Palm Stunner, Commlink, Datapad, Hans Scanner, Scramble Key, Virginia the Death Robot (sometimes)

"One must still have chaos in oneself to give birth to a dancing star." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Lord Bellious

Postby Darth Hofu on Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:06 pm

“Rivalry would imply that we are equals, “ he said calmly.

“If you wish a tour, then please follow me,” he gestured.
Sith | Artisan of Dread | Dark Side | Sage | Aspirant | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
Darth Hofu

Postby Lord Bellious on Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:23 pm

"There's no equality in this world, only fluid hierarchies." She quipped, but followed, paying attention both to the men and to the surroundings.

Lord Bellious

Postby Darth Hofu on Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:34 pm

“Fluid hierarchies, well we shall see. What is that you need elaborating, Lord Bellious?” he asked.

Played by Dapper Dog
Darth Hofu

Postby Lord Bellious on Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:43 pm

"What is the purpose of this cult?"

Lord Bellious

Postby Darth Hofu on Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:33 pm

“This is not a cult; it is simply an understanding that the Dread Masters are the apex of Sith evolution. They are the penultimate asters of the greatest teachings of the Immortal Emperor… we do not skulk and hide and pray to maligned invisible fantasy gods, we become one with dark universe,” he replied dismissively.

Played by Dapper Dog
Darth Hofu

Postby Lord Bellious on Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:12 pm

"Interesting. Do you claim to have gone all the way up through the steps envisioned in the Code? Is dread your chain-breaking victory?" She could argue that what he had described was a cult just fine but there was no sense in quarrelling over semantics.

Lord Bellious

Postby Darth Hofu on Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:18 am

“You may be shocked to realize that this fascination with breaking chains is folly to me. Chains are broken, surely but new ones are gained. You are never free from obligations or demands… the breaking of chains is an ideal, it is not an end state,” he responded.

Played by Dapper Dog
Darth Hofu

Postby Lord Bellious on Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:03 am

"I can see how this level of insight makes the Dread Masters the Emperor's favourite. And how does fear figure into your philosophies? It seems central, but a bit of detail would be appreciated."

Lord Bellious

Postby Darth Hofu on Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:17 pm

“Fear is the central emotion, the driver of all other thoughts and emotions stem from fear. Fear drives survival, reproduction, and even emotions of love. For all sentient organic life it is the single most powerful motivator we have,” he responded.

“Surely it guided your hand earlier today.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Darth Hofu

Postby Lord Bellious on Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:11 pm

"It has ever guided me since I understood its true meaning." She nodded in assent to this interpretation. "Do you have a role in spreading fear? If so, among whom?"

Lord Bellious

Postby Darth Hofu on Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:55 pm

"Spreading fear? There is no need to spread that which already exists. Why water a field on a rainy day?" he said with a shake of his head.

"We harness fear, we do not spread it."

Played by Dapper Dog
Darth Hofu

Postby Lord Bellious on Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:09 pm

"How do you do that?"

Lord Bellious

Postby Dapper Dog on Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:51 am

Lord Bellious wrote:"How do you do that?"

“We tap into the Force to enhance the fear that exists in the heart and mind, similar to battle meditation but focusing on the amplification of Dead,” he responded.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Bellious on Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:50 am

"Is it a technique your popularise among the willing and able, or limited to the selected few?"

Lord Bellious

Postby Darth Hofu on Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:26 am

“Only a select few, worthy of becoming a Disciple of Dread are trained in the rudimentary art, mastery can take many years,” he said honestly.

Played by Dapper Dog
Darth Hofu

Postby Lord Bellious on Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:13 pm

"This is understandable. I too am interested in mastering Fear, though cannot fathom yet if your approach is a one well-suited for me. However, for now I can offer my respect for what you, the Dread Masters and your related teachings represent. Regardless of my own success or lack thereof, if you secure a Seat on the Council, I will welcome it. Particularly so because I cannot imagine you or the Dread Masters supporting the rotten, abhorrent peace."

Lord Bellious

Postby Darth Hofu on Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:21 pm

Hofu chuckled and said, "There can be no peace if the Republic is not in ashes."

Played by Dapper Dog
Darth Hofu

Next

Return to Cathedral of Dread