Fried Hofu? (D4 LM)

Cathedral dedicated to the teachings of the Dread Masters

Fried Hofu? (D4 LM)

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:13 pm

Sylvain and Nasari arrived at the Cathedral late in the morning just before preparations for court were needing to be made. He came to inquire after Hofu, who had reached out through his mother.

He arrived at the Cathedral and made it known to whoever was nearby that he sought to meet with Hofu.
Sith | Lord Mordax | Noble | Governor | Mystic | Lord of House Torsin
Carries/Wears: Jal Shey Mentor Armor w/cloak, Lightsaber (Purple Dantari, Curved Hilt), etc.
Accompanied By: Nasari Rhalu (Apprentice)
Rides: 'The Ardent Scryer'

"The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it."
Sylvain Torsin

Re: Fried Hofu? (D4 LM)

Postby Darth Hofu on Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:18 pm

The man was sitting amidst his flock in meditation.
Sith | Artisan of Dread | Dark Side | Sage | Aspirant | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
Darth Hofu

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:23 pm

Sylvain approached the group and watched with an eye of interest as the group meditated. He wished to observe at first to see the practice of these adherents.
Carries/Wears: Jal Shey Mentor Armor w/cloak, Lightsaber (Purple Dantari, Curved Hilt), etc.

"The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it."
Sylvain Torsin

Postby Darth Hofu on Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:29 pm

They sat in a lotus position for some time chanting a mono-syballic mantra before he brought their meditation to a close and then said, “Lord Modrax, I believe that is the name? What brings you to my hall?”

Played by Dapper Dog
Darth Hofu

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:35 pm

"Mordax." He said with a polite tone and a nod in greeting.

"I've come to see if I could share a word with you. I had heard through a mutual acquaintance of ours that perhaps there was an opportunity for us to work together on a matter of some personal importance to myself."

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Darth Hofu on Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:47 pm

"You will have to be a bit more direct," he said chuckling.

Played by Dapper Dog
Darth Hofu

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:55 pm

He chuckled in return, "I am looking for aid in combating the plague which weakens the Empire. I was told that the Dread Masters are a venue through which I could acquire such aid. I was also told you were looking for some form of assistance... and I wish to see what that is, so I can see if I can be of help to you."

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Darth Hofu on Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:09 am

“The plague is a threat and although I doubt such would move the Dread Masters, keeping the Empire strong could inspire them to give their aid, limited as it is for now, but if they are recognized by the Emperor then that power will be great indeed,” he said honestly.

Played by Dapper Dog
Darth Hofu

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:49 am

"Where are they now? How would they get recognition? Through your ascending to the Dark Council?" He asked without guile.

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Darth Hofu on Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:45 pm

“There are things in motion as for where they are, they are preparing. I cannot say more,” he offered.

“Those are not satisfactory answers but we are Sith and trust is not a simple thing.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Darth Hofu

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:18 pm

He nodded, "Nor a permanent one in most cases."

He then asked, "So what then is the nature of support I can lend them?"

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Darth Hofu on Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:33 pm

“In court I plan to present a proposal to the Emperor, you have a strong and respected voice, if you should lend us favorable words it could go a long way to getting what you desire,” he offered.

Played by Dapper Dog
Darth Hofu

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:01 pm

He nodded his head, "My voice is strengthened by knowledge of the thing for which I am advocating. I can formulate much better arguments knowing what it is you wish to propose."

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Darth Hofu on Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:16 am

Sylvain Torsin wrote:He nodded his head, "My voice is strengthened by knowledge of the thing for which I am advocating. I can formulate much better arguments knowing what it is you wish to propose."

"A Sith is adaptable, I am sure this will be a minor challenge," he responded.

Played by Dapper Dog
Darth Hofu

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:21 am

He chuckled, "Very well. Must be something quite sensitive to be so secretive about it. I hope conditions allow for us to cooperate with one another."

He looked around the Cathedral, "You seem to have carved out a unique and important space for yourself. I wouldn't mind a lecture on your methodology at some point when you have time."

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Darth Hofu on Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:25 am

“If not me then Sister Sorrow knows our ways well too, she maintains order here in my absence,” he said proudly.

“I expect we will work well together, and yes, it is sensitive but only because these are fraught times… and no offense but you share a bed with my one of my rivals.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Darth Hofu

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:34 am

He chuckled, “In the most literal sense even. But I’m sure your intel on her would show that she has no real desire for political subterfuge... Even if it would perhaps be in her favor.”

He continued in his normal tone and demeanor, “I assure you, if your aims fit what I consider to be the best interests of the Empire you will not face opposition from me.”

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Darth Hofu on Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:17 pm

“See that is the issue, what you feel is the true aim of the Empire will most likely not be the same for any Sith. All the same, we should keep our relationship transactional until we are no longer rivals of a sort,” he said in reply.

Played by Dapper Dog
Darth Hofu

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:37 pm

"There are indeed many visions for the Empire... Hardly any two Sith share the same vision; I am no exception. But a vision presupposes the possibility of action to achieve it; and action presupposes a goal which is worth achieving. And in that... there is much commonality. It's simply a matter of consolidating methodologies to reach an end we both wish to see." He said with a nod.

"I look forward to our interactions in the future. Refrain from dying in the days ahead; it makes it much more difficult to contact you." He smiled and nodded gracefully.

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Darth Hofu on Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:32 pm

“May the Force make you strong, Lord Mordax,” he replied.

Played by Dapper Dog
Darth Hofu

Next

Return to Cathedral of Dread