Monolithic OOC

OOC General Chat

Re: Monolithic OOC

Postby Tyr on Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:46 am

What’s the deal with the artillery strike? Can we call it in to soften it up and still start at Medium range, or do we need to be further out?

I don’t have a cunning plan, but Tyr can use Terrify at Medium range. If Lt Hin can Valuable Facts me a Triumph for that roll, I can (Orokos willing), prevent one monolith from doing anything for 2, maybe 3 turns.
Sith Apprentice | Shistavanen | Batman Voice | Fearsome to Behold | Microchipped | DECEASED D9
Theme | Avatar | Description

My mind was lost in translation, and my heart has become a cold and impassive machine.

Equip: Chitin Armour, Thermal Cloak, Double-Bladed Lightsaber, Commlink, Datapad, Stimpacks
Ship: the Midnight Howl
Tyr

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:10 am

You could try and use it now if you like but that will initiate combat.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:20 am

So Dappers answer on my cunning plan to get someone to get up stealthily and maybe drop some big boulders with a lightsaber strike:

Dapper Dog wrote:Hard Stealth check to get in place, take a setback for the the rough terrain.

My apprentice has 2eP+1eA+1eB (and 2 setback) for stealth (unless these guys are immune for force powers), as well as misdirection (which might help).

I'm guessing that if she fails tho, it would set off combat. Maybe someone else has a better pool/idea? If not, maybe we can try it and at the same time be ready with an artillery strike?
Sith | Human | Lord Nyx | The Witness | Academy Prodigy | Confident | Dead eye | Core-Worlds Accent
Carries: Armored Robes, Lightsaber, Datapad, Stimpacks
"When you have seen what I have seen, you will know how small you are... and how great you may yet become."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:30 am

Rem is not a Stealth type. Nice roll Jo'ren!

That sounds good. Have the apprentice sneak in for a preemptive strike followed by artillery immediately to soften up the kaiju... I mean Monoliths.

I'm guessing there isn't any convenient terrain like a ravine that we can lure them to and drop them into?
Sith | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Mechanic | Duelist | Charming | Honourary Fett | Monolith Slayer | Exp 2
"The nail that sticks out shall be hammered down."

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour [Mandalorian], Lightsaber - Gram, Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally
Remmington Thalalas

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:41 am

I mean you can try but you are going to need something to entice them.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Mahr on Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:42 am

We could use the artillery to collapse the cavern on the second monolith...but there might be something inside it.
Massassi-Forever the Red Queen's agent-Brutal-Imposing-Monolith Slayer-Dark Tattoos-King-Cultural Promoteur
Equipment: Bone, bronze and leather ceremonial armor. Vibro-ax. Black Gauntlets
Mahr

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:28 am

I like the idea of dropping the artillery strike in such a way as to bury one of them under rock. Then we can hopefully kill it while it's trapped. And we can always dig it out later.

Lt. Hin + Valuable facts + Terrify sounds good. I'll need to do an assisted roll with her for the artillery strike, bit Valuable facts would give us all +2 advantage on our rolls

Stealthing up is okay, bit the Artillery will got everything in Short range of a monolith.
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Ship: The Terror Star | Sidekick: Lt. Ashley Hin | Powerbase: The Massassi
"A Sith chooses their own path, their own destiny."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Xyll Vanth on Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:31 am

I guess the stealth option can come once we're in actual initiative then.

I support trapping one and blasting them.
Sith | Human | Lord Nyx | The Witness | Academy Prodigy | Confident | Dead eye | Core-Worlds Accent
"When you have seen what I have seen, you will know how small you are... and how great you may yet become."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Tyr on Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:45 am

100% in support of using artillery to trap/bury the larger monolith to take it out of the equation.

Trying to stealth after initiative has started might not work, depending on how long it takes to climb up there. Even if the baby monolith doesn’t get to move, by round 2 Tyr at least will be engaged with it, and would appreciate not having rocks dropped on him.
Sith Apprentice | Shistavanen | Batman Voice | Fearsome to Behold | Microchipped | DECEASED D9

My mind was lost in translation, and my heart has become a cold and impassive machine.

Equip: Chitin Armour, Thermal Cloak, Double-Bladed Lightsaber, Commlink, Datapad, Stimpacks
Tyr

Postby Mahr on Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:54 am

I doubt it will take it out permanently but it could give us time.

Triumph from valuable facts might keep part of the cave open for exploration?
Massassi-Forever the Red Queen's agent-Brutal-Imposing-Monolith Slayer-Dark Tattoos-King-Cultural Promoteur
Mahr

Postby Tyr on Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:56 am

I need the Triumph on my Terrify to Stagger the remaining monolith. Otherwise it will still be able to spit attack at us.

Tyr

Postby Xyll Vanth on Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:05 am

I'll be heading off to sleeps soon. There's ghosting instruction in my PF if required. You guys can kick off using these plans as far as I'm concerned, looks good.
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Mahr on Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:22 am

Tyr wrote:I need the Triumph on my Terrify to Stagger the remaining monolith. Otherwise it will still be able to spit attack at us.

Allright
Mahr

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:11 am

Dapper Dog wrote:Sure, I can tell you it won't stay there but might slow it down for a round or two.

Okay team.

Want me to kick it off with a Valuable Facts roll followed by an artillery strike?
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Tyr on Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:15 am

Yarp, let’s Leroy Jenkins this thing.

Tyr

Postby Mahr on Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:50 am

BOOM!
Mahr

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:52 am

Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
Ship: Saarai-kaar | Attendant: Hyuna | Suspicion: Above Suspicion
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:03 am

I got my fried chicken. Lets do this. Drop the bombs.

It has a spitting attack?

So focus fire on the trapped one first and try to kill it off while it can't fight back right?
Sith | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Mechanic | Duelist | Charming | Honourary Fett | Monolith Slayer | Exp 2
"The nail that sticks out shall be hammered down."

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour [Mandalorian], Lightsaber - Gram, Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally
Remmington Thalalas

Postby Mahr on Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:35 am

Not while the free one is biting our asses off
Mahr

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:37 am

I believe the plan was to gang up on the small one while it is hopefully staggered.
Lord Jo'ren Rath

PreviousNext

Return to OOC Forums