Lux In Tenebris (Shaisha Q&A)

Player and Game Q&A, have a party.

Lux In Tenebris (Shaisha Q&A)

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:44 pm

Well, that was a ride!

This is Shaisha's last appearance in the Dapper Star Wars, so ask away all the questions, I got nothing to hide anymore. :mrgreen:

Big thanks to Dapper for running another game in this universe of his, and for the very gratifying story points I had. It really was challenging to balance the hard choices during the Aspirant race with Shaisha's ambition versus her knowledge of things, and to bet everything she had on one hand (Jun-Tsu's plan) or lose it all. I'm glad Dapper could tell a satisfying story there, and to take into account so much of what the involved players had staked in this to make it a proper finale. :)
Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
Ship: Saarai-kaar | Attendant: Hyuna | Suspicion: Above Suspicion
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Re: Lux In Tenebris (Shaisha Q&A)

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:42 pm

So what is going to happen with the Wrath now and Shaisha?

What are her thoughts on the future for herself? Sylvain? Jo'ren?
Sith | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Mechanic | Duelist | Charming | Honourary Fett | Monolith Slayer | Exp 2
"The nail that sticks out shall be hammered down."

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour [Mandalorian], Lightsaber - Gram, Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally
Remmington Thalalas

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:36 pm

Lord Tenebrous wrote:This is Shaisha's last appearance in the Dapper Star Wars, so ask away all the questions, I got nothing to hide anymore. :mrgreen:

:o

Well, in that case, it's been great to see Shaisha over the course of her career.

Are you happy with where she ended up? Is she happy?

Huge question, but can you give us a brief overview of the trajectory that led her to here. IN THE BEGINNING style?
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | Arya's Apprentice | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohohoho count: 10
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:56 pm

Remmington Thalalas wrote:So what is going to happen with the Wrath now and Shaisha?

What are her thoughts on the future for herself? Sylvain? Jo'ren?

Re: the Wrath and Shaisha
I think that in the immediate future, the Wrath will be doing his own thing. After all, he's been chained by the Emperor and his will for a veeeeery long time, and he wants to travel the galaxy. In the future, he'll be training Shaisha's and Jo'ren's daughter.
The two of them have reconnected, but it's still all very complicated for both of them. It's probably going to take some time for them still to get used to the new way of things.

Re: her future
It's a wait and see thing. I'm not fully decided yet, and I need to touch base with others on ideas I have for where Shaisha will go from here.
Shaisha had grown distant from Kristal and Sylvain after Nar Shaddaa, as they had their things and she had hers. The past years since then had been very contemplative for her, with the Emperor/Valkorian thing, and becoming more focused on her blood-relatives, but she did enjoy reconnecting with Kristal again and I felt like the two of them were growing closer this game than they had before. It's been interesting watching the dynamics over the three games as on Korriban the Trio-dynamic was even, on Nar Shaddaa Shaisha's dynamic was mostly with Sylvain, and this time it was mostly with Kristal.
With Jo'ren... who knows! Maybe they'll even consider something so crazy as *settling down*?! :lol: It's something to talk about as we consider where to go from here.
Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Postby Dayana Valthren on Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:02 pm

The possession stuff and all that hasn't changed your mind about reprising Shaisha then, huh?
Sith Lord | Miraluka | Colonial Overseer | Scion of House Valthren | Ambassador to Corellia
Ally: Camilla Ultera | Profile

"A people without hope will never thrive. Foster this within them and you will possess worthy followers."
Dayana Valthren

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:05 am

Lucinia Malveaux wrote: :o

Well, in that case, it's been great to see Shaisha over the course of her career.

Are you happy with where she ended up? Is she happy?

Huge question, but can you give us a brief overview of the trajectory that led her to here. IN THE BEGINNING style?

I am quite happy with where she ended up! Dapper was great in offering closure and a natural end to her arc, which was very rewarding as a player. And I'm also very grateful for the players who contributed to bringing that arc to a close like the crew that joined in on fighting the Emprah. :D

I think Shaisha is the closest thing she has been to happy in a long time too. She is free, so is her father, the Empire is in the metamorphosis into something new.

I will get to the big question later, as it will require a lot of write up and stuff. :)

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:51 am

Dayana Valthren wrote:The possession stuff and all that hasn't changed your mind about reprising Shaisha then, huh?

Nope. :)

I'm actually excited to explore other story aspects in this setting Dapper has created, and try other ideas. As much as I've enjoyed Shaisha, the start of the game was hard for me because I felt a "character fatigue" as I was getting into here again. Kinda like "I like this character, but I want to play something else".

And if this was to be the third act to her story, and it has been, it is a perfect opportunity to close that book and treasure the memories, rather than forcing the story to continue onwards for me.

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:08 am

I might like seeing Shaisha settling down with Jo'ren.

Though what is more interesting... how do you think Shaisha is going to handle having a few teenage apprentices now? :lol:
Sith | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Mechanic | Duelist | Charming | Honourary Fett | Monolith Slayer | Exp 2

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour [Mandalorian], Lightsaber - Gram, Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Remmington Thalalas

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:24 pm

Who knows. Shaisha isn't really the "settling down"-type, but eh, she's maturing and the Empire might be a more stable place to support such a thing now compared to when they were both Lords under two Darths on the Council who probably opposed eachother on occassion. :lol:

.... What do you mean plural apprentices?! I only said yes to one! :o

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:30 pm

Oh? I thought she implied that she was bringing her lackeys along. Or something like that. :lol:

Remmington Thalalas

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:45 pm

Drascovina does need her minions. You can't expect her to do everything!!!
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | Arya's Apprentice | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohohoho count: 10
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:34 pm

Lucinia Malveaux wrote:Huge question, but can you give us a brief overview of the trajectory that led her to here. IN THE BEGINNING style?

Wooboi, here we go. Since this is Shaisha's last game, I don't mind spilling all the beans! :D

In the beginning...
Background writeup wrote:Decades ago, the Sith that would be known as Lord Scourge and the Emperor's Wrath, did like many Sith his age did; he gave into passion and experienced love. While his union with Sheliyana Vreysk, who would later hold a title of Captain within the ranks of the Emperor's Guard, was a short-lived one, it left its mark. Sheliyana gave birth to a girl later, and while she did notify Scourge of his offspring, the two of them knew that they were both too ambitious to agree to settle down with eachother. Sheliyana returned to her homeworld of Ziost, and after a brief break from her duties as a Lord of the Sith, she joined the ranks of new recruits for the Imperial Guard.

Shaisha, the daughter of Scourge and Sheliyana, grew up on Ziost where she early on manifested her sensitivity to the Force. Most of her time was spent in the presence of slaves charged with caring for her, and the extended family of Sheliyana. Her mother's visits home did not happen often, though the two of them kept in touch through holo. A few times a year, Scourge would come by to see his daughter's progress. The last time he visited her, was before he would join with Revan and the Jedi Exile to oppose the Emperor.

As Scourge betrayed Revan and Exile, choosing to side with the Emperor, so did he also seal the fates of Sheliyana and Shaisha. Sheliyana was executed on the Emperor's orders, in order to make sure that she wasn't a possible ally of Revan, while the officialy story was that she died in noble service to the Emperor. Shaisha on the other hand was taken from the Vreysk family by the servants of the Emperor's Hand, to make her a Child of the Emperor. What exactly happened after she left home, Shaisha doesn't remember.

And so at the young age of seven, Shaisha was placed in stasis after having been imbued with some of the Emperor's power, for insurance against Scourge after his newsworn devotion to Vitiate.

Ten years ago, for reasons unknown, she was taken out of stasis. With no living members of her mother's family left (at least not that would know of her), and Scourge unable to provide for her directly, the Emperor's Wrath assigned an influental noble family on Dromund Kaas to foster his child until she came of age and would walk out of the halls of the Academy as a full-fledged Sith.

Growing up in Kaas City, Shaisha eventually attached herself to the Torsin family's only child; Sylvain. The two were close in age, and together they formed a trio with another friend named Kri'stall, a daughter of a noble family. The Terrible Trio bonded over philosophies, interests and eventually over their common trait of Force sensitivity.

Of the trio, Shaisha was always the one most interested in seeking adventure and daring escapades, often fascinated by technological gadgets, and interested in seeing the seedier parts of Kaas City that seemed like a different world in comparison to that of the nobility.

With a practical friendship, the three now enter what will hopefully be the last year on Korriban's Academy together...

During Korriban:

• Had a vision of Lord Scourge's future, aided by Spindral the mad hermit. This is where I started on the interest in the Foresee talent and the Seer spec (even if it was outside Shaisha's Sentinel career), and this was also an important point for her dynamic with Scourge. She entered the Academy with the belief that once she was a Sith her father would fully acknowledge her and approve of her, but it didn't quite work out that way. So I would say on Korriban she was a very determined child who didn't yet understand why her father was the way he was, and couldn't understand why "senpai didn't notice her".
  • Was responsible for Lord Scourge executing Moff Serasai. While Shaisha has a hard time saying it, this is her biggest regret and what she believes was her biggest failing. She acted rashly without thinking things through, and the consequences nearly cost her her friendship with Kristal. This is also a turning point for her character, as she would later on try to become more responsible with her actions, but also with those around her (as seen in how she treats her followers).
  • Learned that she was a Child of the Emperor. Well I already knew this OOC, but IC it was something that changed Shaisha's perception of the Empire a great deal and she decided already then that the Empire was better off without the Emperor. She just didn't know how to go about it.
  • Became the apprentice to Darth Vowrawn. Best decision she made then, I think. :D Vowrawn is just greatly entertaining, and I think Shaisha benefitted from someone like him who could kind of fill the void of something resembling a father-figure, while also being a friend and mentor. Vowrawn's approach to culturing loyalty in his followers left an impact on her.
  • Broke free from the Emperor's control on Yavin IV. Well that would be the start of her rebellion against the Emperor! But it also made her overconfident in thinking that she was beyond the Emperor's control for good, and that she had a chance. It would then factor into her decision-making and mistakes later.

To be continued...

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:04 pm

Very compelling story and back ground. I rather enjoyed it. Thanks for the share.

Remmington Thalalas

Postby Alister Dravvad on Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:27 pm

Watching shaisha was fun. I actually got see her in action her more then in Nar Shaddaa. Any plans for more spawn in the future?
Imperial | Noble | Scientist | Self Employed | Eccentric | Researcher
Carries: Datapad, Stimpack x2, Comlink, Anesthetic x2, hand scanner.
Description
Companions: Vair'ea, EG-04R
Alister Dravvad

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:13 pm

Alister Dravvad wrote:Watching shaisha was fun. I actually got see her in action her more then in Nar Shaddaa. Any plans for more spawn in the future?

Thanks! :)

No plans at the moment, but hey, that could change. The current spawn wasn't exactly planned (from Shaisha's side), but it just happened. So who knows what the future would bring further down the line? xD

Lord Tenebrous

Return to Post Game Q&A