Dapper Dog Q&A

Player and Game Q&A, have a party.

Re: Dapper Dog Q&A

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:25 am

Thanks once again for all your hard work with this game. I know it can be trying to deal with so many players on your own. Though now that I mention it, I am surprised that you didn't have any other GM help this time.

Was that a conscious choice? Or just no one really interested/had the time to do it?
Sith | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Mechanic | Duelist | Charming | Honourary Fett | Monolith Slayer | Exp 2
"The nail that sticks out shall be hammered down."

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour [Mandalorian], Lightsaber - Gram, Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally
Remmington Thalalas

Postby Dapper Dog on Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:52 pm

Remmington Thalalas wrote:Thanks once again for all your hard work with this game. I know it can be trying to deal with so many players on your own. Though now that I mention it, I am surprised that you didn't have any other GM help this time.

Was that a conscious choice? Or just no one really interested/had the time to do it?

Once Nekoinu decided she wanted to play, I just figured I would just roll forward, it wasn't a hard decision really.
Lt. Tyber Rook wrote:Thank you for running the game, and putting up with the Skip Tracer depth of once per sessions. I really loved the unnamed Duros informant. It felt like these two had known each other for some time, even without having much screen time.

I enjoyed duros informant dude, if a game gives you a fun ability might as well lean into it.
Jaheem Abasi wrote:I also wanted to jump in here and say that you did an amazing job with this game Dapper, I felt engaged the whole time and am already chomping at the bit for Alderaan XD.

Were there any unexpected challenges to GMing one of these games alone? Or were you pretty ready for it? Because honestly you make it look easy when I know it's not.

The usual stuff really, just making sure I had enough hooks out there and a variety of stories to hook into, staring at odd requests trying to see how doable they were or going Nope, not gonna happen. The players are inventive and as always can keep you on your toes. One of the things I wanted to do more of this game was showing people being in charge as these characters are important people and should hopefully feel importantish.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:46 pm

Oh that reminds me. Thanks for introducing that Sidekick mechanic into the game. It certainly made things more interesting and made our characters seem more important too. Though that may have given you more headaches. :lol:
Sith | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Mechanic | Duelist | Charming | Honourary Fett | Monolith Slayer | Exp 2

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour [Mandalorian], Lightsaber - Gram, Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Remmington Thalalas

Postby Alister Dravvad on Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:15 pm

Thanks for the game Dapper, and also introducing Alister to the cleverman. Alister will enjoy killing all the force users.
Imperial | Noble | Scientist | Self Employed | Eccentric | Researcher
Carries: Datapad, Stimpack x2, Comlink, Anesthetic x2, hand scanner.
Description
Companions: Vair'ea, EG-04R
Alister Dravvad

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:36 pm

Thank you for another great game! I was glad I didn't get cut off completely during field work and the conference, although I definitely had to drop a bunch of stuff I was planning to follow up on (Massassi queen, Nova Station, Zash, Major Nox).

Hope we weren't too annoying given you did all of the cat-herding yourself this game ;). Always nice to see a few familiar faces like Kalen and the Cleverman.

In a way I would have liked to see Malgus succeed. I remember enjoying his stuff in SWTOR. But this player driven story is even cooler imho. I'm looking forward to seeing where you take it from here, I love this alternate Star Wars universe you've created :)
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Ship: The Terror Star | Sidekick: Lt. Ashley Hin | Powerbase: The Massassi
"A Sith chooses their own path, their own destiny."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:54 pm

Huzzah for another game completed!

Now that end game is here, I am curious to see what the remaining Aspirant events would have been like. :D
Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
Ship: Saarai-kaar | Attendant: Hyuna | Suspicion: Above Suspicion
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:22 am

I'm kinda curious as to what would have happened with the other outcomes of the end poll.

Remmington Thalalas

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:44 pm

Lord Tenebrous wrote:Huzzah for another game completed!

Now that end game is here, I am curious to see what the remaining Aspirant events would have been like. :D

The events would have been more role play focused for the Dark Council event, you would have a general idea of who seemed undecided who was against you and was for you modified by play and choice and then three chances to try and make appeals or speeches or whatever to maybe change their opinion of the Coucilor.

Then it would have been the last day and there would have been duels for any ties in the top three or four depending on results since Hofu was out of the race. Then the two winners would decide on the fate of the others, which is awful but again choices.
Remmington Thalalas wrote:I'm kinda curious as to what would have happened with the other outcomes of the end poll.

If the Emperor won, status quo, game continued on Malgus would the Emperor's power would have been absolute an unassailable during the next two games at least and he would probably do the kill most people on Ziost thing and other words at some point.

There was an option to make the Emperor basically unbeatable but that required a lot of Night of Terror usage.

If the Dark Council won there would have been a brief freeze on the race while they assessed the situation and then a follow up poll on if they rule as a council or if one tries to rise up and be Emperor, which could have ended in a disastrous multi sided civil war or a new Emperor.

If Malgus won, well he would have made good on is promises freed slaves, integrated aliens, abolished dark council and set himself up as the absolute ruler. There could have been an option for Shaisha to be Empress but again she did not give in to Valkorian enough for that to open up.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Previous

Return to Post Game Q&A