Only now may she rest: Kristal Serasai

Player and Game Q&A, have a party.

Only now may she rest: Kristal Serasai

Postby Kristal Serasai on Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:18 am

Welp, seems it's time for one of these. Might finish a little epiloguey thing I've been touch and go working on for a bit, but till then, have at 'em.
Force Sensitive | Aspirant | Human | Imperial Noble |Sith Lord | The Steel Valkyrie | Champion of Marr | Disciplined| Jedi Killer|Head of House Serasai | Last Serasai | Captain of the Vindicator
On Person: Armored Robes, Comlink, Combat Knife, Lightsaber
Accompanied By: Weaver

"Cowardice is beneath me."
Kristal Serasai

Re: Only now may she rest: Kristal Serasai

Postby Alister Dravvad on Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:43 am

I didn't get to know Kristal that well, but she seemed rather neat. Too bad her and Alister never got to work together.
Imperial | Noble | Scientist | Self Employed | Eccentric | Researcher
Carries: Datapad, Stimpack x2, Comlink, Anesthetic x2, hand scanner.
Description
Companions: Vair'ea, EG-04R
Alister Dravvad

Postby Kristal Serasai on Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:00 am

A shame indeed! I was glad of the potential opportunity to manage working with fellow PC's more, opportunity didn't arise unfortunately.
Force Sensitive | Aspirant | Human | Imperial Noble |Sith Lord | The Steel Valkyrie | Champion of Marr | Disciplined| Jedi Killer|Head of House Serasai | Last Serasai | Captain of the Vindicator

Kristal Serasai

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:03 am

Kristal's stoic demeanor will be missed, she was a great character. What would Kristal have made of the regime change?
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Ship: The Terror Star | Sidekick: Lt. Ashley Hin | Powerbase: The Massassi
"A Sith chooses their own path, their own destiny."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Kristal Serasai on Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:17 am

Skeptical, for certain, as she knows, knew, next to nothing about this dark child. Of course, there would be much concern over who was really holding the power and what they intended to do with it.

Would likely shore up her defenses, keep the Empire secure, and see what would come of it. After all, the previous Emperor had some rather dark designs she was privy to through Shaisha as I recall. So, it couldn't end up being worse than that... right?

Kristal Serasai

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:32 pm

I would have loved to be able to clandestinely save you from death with the wedding gifts I gave you (Which were each a small dose of Water of Life). It wouldn't have been a guarantee to save you, but I would have loved to have another conspirator with us at the end, especially Sylvain's bride. Oh well, the road not traveled. And you gave us a very fitting and impactful end.
Force Sensitive | Human | Dark Side | Witch-Queen of Korriz | Empress Dowager | Reverand Mother

"Come mein children. Let me teach you zhe vayz of zhe Dark Zide."
Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:28 pm

Kristal... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Was really sad to see Kristal go, since this was the game where Shaisha/Kristal were the ones growing closer than they had previously. Which was interesting since they were both in a deadly competition, and Shaisha wasn't sure at first if Kristal would take it as an insult if Shaisha would want to spare her life... :? :lol: (Shaisha has some difficulties understanding Kristal's chivalrous and noble nature sometimes)

If Kristal had survived and the Aspirant Race had gone to the end, and she ended up on the Council, what were her goals to influence the Council and the Empire?
Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
Ship: Saarai-kaar | Attendant: Hyuna | Suspicion: Above Suspicion
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:04 pm

I am sad that I didn't even get a chance to talk with Kristal aside from maybe in the background of the wedding.

I think I missed it but why did Kristal challenge the Wrath? Did you think she had good chances of surviving?

How did Kristal feel about competing with Shaisa and a couple[?] previous classmates for Dark Council spots? Is there anyone she really would have liked to have seen eliminated? Either Aspirant or current Dark Council member?
Sith | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Mechanic | Duelist | Charming | Honourary Fett | Monolith Slayer | Exp 2
"The nail that sticks out shall be hammered down."

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour [Mandalorian], Lightsaber - Gram, Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally
Remmington Thalalas

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:30 pm

Kristal...

Of the various emotional moments in a game with a fair number of them, Kristal's death was perhaps the most poignant.

What expectations did you have for this game? Did you foresee this for Kris? What do you think her legacy will be?
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | Arya's Apprentice | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohohoho count: 10
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Kristal Serasai on Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:51 am

Jun-Tsu Farro wrote:I would have loved to be able to clandestinely save you from death with the wedding gifts I gave you (Which were each a small dose of Water of Life). It wouldn't have been a guarantee to save you, but I would have loved to have another conspirator with us at the end, especially Sylvain's bride. Oh well, the road not traveled. And you gave us a very fitting and impactful end.

That would have been super neat! I'm not totally sure what she would have done with the wedding gift, surely it's about somewhere chillaxing or something. Thanks for the words :D Much appreciated!

Kristal Serasai

Postby Kristal Serasai on Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:57 am

Lord Tenebrous wrote:Kristal... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Was really sad to see Kristal go, since this was the game where Shaisha/Kristal were the ones growing closer than they had previously. Which was interesting since they were both in a deadly competition, and Shaisha wasn't sure at first if Kristal would take it as an insult if Shaisha would want to spare her life... :? :lol: (Shaisha has some difficulties understanding Kristal's chivalrous and noble nature sometimes)

If Kristal had survived and the Aspirant Race had gone to the end, and she ended up on the Council, what were her goals to influence the Council and the Empire?

Life was better than death, but death with a blade in hand was ultimately superior to death unarmed. Often, in fights, for her it would have equated to: If you're gonna fight, you're gonna fight, she won't go easy but she won't kill if she doesn't have to. But what happens in a fight, happens, people die.

Most notably, it would show that she'd never execute anyone. Not without arming them first and giving them a chance to die with honor.

Aspirant Race!

As likely expected by many, she would have brought to heel the various forces pulling apart the Empire. Focusing heavily on securing the Empire and supporting the Empire. Leaning, I know I've said Empire a lot already, but toward the Empire over the Sith in any and all decisions.

She believed that it was through the ideals shared among Imperial society, that order, that they would one day be able to achieve galactic peace. Which would have been her life's work, was her life's work.

Hopefully that gives a good enough idea to answer the question, if not, lemme know! I'll try to explain it better!

Kristal Serasai

Postby Kristal Serasai on Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:04 am

Remmington Thalalas wrote:I am sad that I didn't even get a chance to talk with Kristal aside from maybe in the background of the wedding.

I think I missed it but why did Kristal challenge the Wrath? Did you think she had good chances of surviving?

How did Kristal feel about competing with Shaisa and a couple[?] previous classmates for Dark Council spots? Is there anyone she really would have liked to have seen eliminated? Either Aspirant or current Dark Council member?

Kristal challenged the Wrath cause, A, there was a good chance she might have been able to survive. Dice just didn't like me much. Although, narratively focused, it would have allowed her to achieve her goal while also potentially avenging her father. Revenge wasn't something Kristal sought, but the opportunity certainly made the opportunity all the nicer.

Shaisha was likely the only one going for the seat she could trust upon it. Of the others, to my memory, Lord Bellious and Darth Hofu would have been the ones she was actively against. I remember reading through the speeches and as I recall they both gave ones that only threatened the order and peace the Empire had gained.

There may have been others, but I believe those were the two names that stick out in my memory.

Kristal Serasai

Postby Kristal Serasai on Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:13 am

Lucinia Malveaux wrote:Kristal...

Of the various emotional moments in a game with a fair number of them, Kristal's death was perhaps the most poignant.

What expectations did you have for this game? Did you foresee this for Kris? What do you think her legacy will be?

Thank you for sharing! I love to hear that the writing hit a good feel note!

There's at least one scene, among my many, that shows Kristal beginning to make Holo-logs for her children in the future. I believe it was after her mothers were returned, (Raven Torsin and Mama Serasai), beaten and abused by the Emperors guard. From the start, though, shes never shied away from the truth that she might die, or what she was trying to do was risky.

My main expectation was that however Kristal's story ended, it would shape the eventual future for how her children would become characters for when we reach those legacy characters. Kristal's end is, in part at least, her daughters beginning.

For her legacy, I don't know how the galaxy at large will view her but through Addison she will likely be a note against the Empire and the futility of trying to change it from the inside. Perhaps, however, others might see her legacy as something brighter than what I mostly have been viewing through the eyes of the woman who will be looking back on her mother she lost when she was only a handful of years old.

Honorable to a fault, determined, fought for the Empire's future, and ultimately it killed her.

Kristal Serasai

Return to Post Game Q&A