Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys? - Tyber Q & A

Player and Game Q&A, have a party.

Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys? - Tyber Q & A

Postby Lt. Tyber Rook on Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:38 pm

I enjoyed playing a non-Force Sensitive Human character.

I don't even know myself anymore!

In all seriousness - ask away.
Imperial Military
Skip Tracer | Gadgeteer | Expert Tracker | Street Smart | Intimidating | Good Cop | Tough
Carries: Specialized Mandalorian Armor
Heavy Combat: Jetpack
Languages: Basic, Mando'a
Lt. Tyber Rook

Re: Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys? - Tyber Q & A

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:40 pm

Who are you and what have you done with Ender? :lol:

I'm glad you enjoyed trying something different, and it seems like you had a lot of fun with Skip Tracer and Gadgeteer. :)

Tyber was interesting to read and seeing him in combat was fun too! Where do you see him fit in with the new regime and reorganizing? Shaisha would for sure recommend him to the new Intelligence if that's something you/Tyber wants, since he left a very favorable impression on her.
Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
Ship: Saarai-kaar | Attendant: Hyuna | Suspicion: Above Suspicion
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Postby Lt. Tyber Rook on Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:50 pm

Lord Tenebrous wrote:Who are you and what have you done with Ender? :lol:

I'm glad you enjoyed trying something different, and it seems like you had a lot of fun with Skip Tracer and Gadgeteer. :)

Tyber was interesting to read and seeing him in combat was fun too! Where do you see him fit in with the new regime and reorganizing? Shaisha would for sure recommend him to the new Intelligence if that's something you/Tyber wants, since he left a very favorable impression on her.

They are two very neat trees. Skip Tracer has a lot of talents that aid skills that I think are important but sometimes hard to implement (streetwise and skulduggery), while also having things that I normally enjoy, but couldn't make use of because I only had Presence 2 (never again a dump stat!)

Gadgeteer is straight forward, but had Collapse of the Republic come out before Ziost, it would have been replaced with Death Watch Warrior.

As for the future? There are some things I want to explore in the closing days, but the mass mind control/power struggle of Sith Lords has shaken him a bit. How can the Empire be the beacon of ORDER and SECURITY, when at a whim, some magical space wizard can throw everything into chaos.

And the conspiracy of the Eagle being an IIS plot. There is a not 0% chance that Tyber musters out, becomes a true Bounty Hunter, dealing less than lethal justice in the Galaxy.
Imperial Military
Skip Tracer | Gadgeteer | Expert Tracker | Street Smart | Intimidating | Good Cop | Tough
Lt. Tyber Rook

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:30 pm

Oho! That would be interesting! Spread gooey justice everywhere!

So, uh, anyway, can you talk a bit about Tyber's relationship with various things? Other characters, the power structure, the Empire, that sort of thing? That might be a little vague, but I'm sorta trying to see where Tyber saw himself, if that makes sense.
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | Arya's Apprentice | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohohoho count: 10
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Lt. Tyber Rook on Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:52 pm

Tyber's relationship with various things

The Empire - A loyal soldier, who views the Empire as the only thing that stood between order and chaos. Though that has been shaken by recent events.

The Sith - beings of great power who have temper tantrums that upend order.

The only deep relationship he had with another PC was with Hala, though he also had some background with Jan.

I can't go any further on the Hala front at this time.
Imperial Military
Lt. Tyber Rook

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:02 am

I like that he has a lot of riot suppression and non-lethal weaponry.

What made you decide to go that route? Where did you get that equipment or were they something you tinkered and made yourself?
Sith | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Mechanic | Duelist | Charming | Honourary Fett | Monolith Slayer | Exp 2
"The nail that sticks out shall be hammered down."

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour [Mandalorian], Lightsaber - Gram, Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally
Remmington Thalalas

Postby Lt. Tyber Rook on Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:03 pm

Remmington Thalalas wrote:I like that he has a lot of riot suppression and non-lethal weaponry.

What made you decide to go that route? Where did you get that equipment or were they something you tinkered and made yourself?

Less than lethal. The only absolute non lethal weapon he has are the brace of stun grenades I bought to deal with minions.

My decision was solely based on mechanics. The first version I had of Tyber was a Skip Tracer/Martial Artist. The premise was to go crit fishing and always choose the stagger till end of opponents next turn crit.

But that proved unreliable, and I started getting the feeling I would be disappointed in playing the martial artist. So I started looking at the other specs. Having never played a Bounty Hunter, ever, I hadn't really explored them.

Then I read the long text on Jury rigged. Most people use it to lower crit, or the ever popular autofire for 1 crit and murder everyone approach.

What happened if I applied it to a different use. Ensnare called to me. And the goo gun has the highest ensnare rating, I believe, at 4.

The goo gun is cheap (and the attachment that gives more damage, plus access to more ranks of disorient and add burn) is super cheap.

And then outfitting the armor with its two attachments (strength enhancing system and integrated holsters), a picture came to mind. A special forces officer who focused on retrieval and live capture of assests.

The jetpack was thrown in as a wish, since I could get ranks in piloting planetary cheaply (i.e. 2 ranks free). And now I had a character who played with the maneuver/action economy.

All the equipment came from sourcebooks.

Goo Gun in special modifications
Harpoon gun in no disintegrstions
Armor and holsters in ND.

And knowing I wad going to lean heavily into someone hunting the Eagle, all this capture tech made sense.
Imperial Military
Lt. Tyber Rook

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:55 pm

Great! I love it. I'll have to read up on those books. That was in the Edge of the Galaxy source book?
Sith | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Mechanic | Duelist | Charming | Honourary Fett | Monolith Slayer | Exp 2
"The nail that sticks out shall be hammered down."

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour [Mandalorian], Lightsaber - Gram, Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally
Remmington Thalalas

Return to Post Game Q&A