Alister Q/A

Player and Game Q&A, have a party.

Alister Q/A

Postby Alister Dravvad on Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:12 pm

Not to active this game, so I dont expect much in the way of questions. But ask if you like.
Imperial | Noble | Scientist | Self Employed | Eccentric | Researcher
Carries: Datapad, Stimpack x2, Comlink, Anesthetic x2, hand scanner.
Description
Companions: Vair'ea, EG-04R
Alister Dravvad

Re: Alister Q/A

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:16 pm

Thanks for all the research assistance! Lucinia pretty quickly came to respect Alister's intellect, and treated him as a colleage; pretty good for someone without the Force!

She's also going to send him a fine glassware set, because he clearly needs it.

What challenges did you have this game? Was it strange playing as a non-Force sensitive noble among a bunch of Sith? Or just Sith society in general?
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | Arya's Apprentice | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohohoho count: 10
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Jan Melmoar on Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:20 am

And to second Lucinia, what was the design process behind Alister? Do you think you would run another inventing noble in the future? Or one and done?
The Czerka Corp Rep | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran
| Always looking for a sale | Sharpshooter | Has an intern!|
Jan Melmoar

Postby Alister Dravvad on Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:53 am

He had a glassware set once, several in fact. EG-04R is just very bad at doing dishes. Still it will be appreciated.

Sith society isnt something I find overly interesting, so that was rather difficult. Being one of the few non force sensitive people, and a noble was a bit odd. ((I think he was one of the only one of those in fact)) Alister didn't really fit well in most places. He was both outside the Sith Circles and the Military ones. I think it gave him a different perspective on some things but I might not have played that too much. My main challenge was thus getting involved as well as finding people Alister really trusted.

Alister was me trying to fit into a niche of a inventor, if I'd thought over how the allies would effect that. I likely wouldn't of played him. There were a lot or intelligence four to five people floating around between allies and PC's. Really did enjoy playing around with the crafting rules though. Honestly he was my second character concept? And the one less inclined to romance. I figured there wouldn't be much chance for romance, so I switched to him.

If i ran him nor someone close to him in the future, it would really depend on the game. I dont think he fit all that well in this one.
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:58 pm

Why-a you no worship da Force, hah?! Why-a you break-a you mama's heart?!
Force Sensitive | Human | Dark Side | Witch-Queen of Korriz | Empress Dowager | Reverand Mother

"Come mein children. Let me teach you zhe vayz of zhe Dark Zide."
Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:43 pm

It was nice have a non-Alchemy scientist around. Though just curious on what projects Alister was working on. Wish we had some more threads.
Sith | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Mechanic | Duelist | Charming | Honourary Fett | Monolith Slayer | Exp 2
"The nail that sticks out shall be hammered down."

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour [Mandalorian], Lightsaber - Gram, Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally
Remmington Thalalas

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:58 pm

I liked reading Alister, and his Chiss-sidekick was amusing. :D

I regret not having more scenes with him though.

What was the hightlight of the game for you, since it was already a difficult concept to begin with?
Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
Ship: Saarai-kaar | Attendant: Hyuna | Suspicion: Above Suspicion
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Postby Alister Dravvad on Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:09 pm

Jun-Tsu Farro wrote:Why-a you no worship da Force, hah?! Why-a you break-a you mama's heart?!

On a personal level I just dont like the force. :P As for Alister, he thinks most Sith are insane. No offense intended. He also knows they'd never accept a role of subservience in the empire. Sorry momma, you've raised a bad son.

Remmington Thalalas wrote:It was nice have a non-Alchemy scientist around. Though just curious on what projects Alister was working on. Wish we had some more threads.

Most projects Alister was working on I didn't do much work on during game. It's a short time period and I like to think of those as long term goals. He touched on a artificial womb project with Jan. The point of that would be to let their military women have children, then have those children grow in another womb so that they could continue their duties.

Lord Tenebrous wrote:I liked reading Alister, and his Chiss-sidekick was amusing. :D

I regret not having more scenes with him though.

What was the hightlight of the game for you, since it was already a difficult concept to begin with?

I wish I could of spent more time with Vair'ea, I wanted to do a bit more with her. She was intended to be a nice counter to Alister being a stick in the mudd.

I dont know if I had a real highlight? I took this game rather slow. I suppose I liked tossing around the idea of a pastel dizzgo party for the sith?

Other then that it was a difficult concept for me, and I distinctly remember a point where I gave up on pop-ups. As this game was really not one for mingling and more one for plotting. If there is another Sith game in the future, I'm pretty sure it will be a hard pass from me.
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:27 pm

Alister Dravvad wrote:He touched on a artificial womb project with Jan. The point of that would be to let their military women have children, then have those children grow in another womb so that they could continue their duties.

:o

Then, 3000+ years later, Padme doesn't die in childbirth. The future timeline is altered!!!
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | Arya's Apprentice | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohohoho count: 10
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Alister Dravvad on Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:38 am

Who would want to use such precious technology to save some idiotic senator in the future. :P
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:51 am

Rav will be pleased to have you on the team.
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Ship: The Terror Star | Sidekick: Lt. Ashley Hin | Powerbase: The Massassi
"A Sith chooses their own path, their own destiny."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Alister Dravvad on Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:54 am

We can build doomsday devices together.

Or something like that.
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:54 pm

Is building doomsday devices an exclusive club? Rem jokingly touched upon the topic of building one too. :lol:

You know... to smash the Republic and/or Hutts with.
Sith | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Mechanic | Duelist | Charming | Honourary Fett | Monolith Slayer | Exp 2

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour [Mandalorian], Lightsaber - Gram, Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Remmington Thalalas

Postby Alister Dravvad on Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:36 pm

Well these type of doomsday devices would likely be targeted at all Sith and Jedi... So it might be a wee bit dangerous for you to offer your assisstance. :P

The Empire will be free from Sith control one day!
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:49 pm

Point. You do you. I'll do me. :lol:

Remmington Thalalas

Postby Alister Dravvad on Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:32 am

Probably for the best. Though if I'm honest Alister is unlikely to appear again. So it's not like he will be doing many projects.

:P
Description
Alister Dravvad

Return to Post Game Q&A