(D2 LM Closed) Backroom Deals

Central arcology structure and capital building in New Adasta

(D2 LM Closed) Backroom Deals

Postby Dayana Valthren on Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:14 pm

Dayana sat waiting at the table with Camilla by her side. The Sith sat as still as she could manage, listening to her assistant prattle on about various matters. "I do value your expertise," Dayana remarked, "I just wonder if the esteemed Darth Vowrawn would want to hear so much about the colonies."

Oh, there was so much to discuss. How her father had ended up with such an eccentric master was beyond her. She certainly preferred Darth Vowrawn over the alternatives, though.
Sith Lord | Miraluka | Colonial Overseer | Scion of House Valthren | Ambassador to Corellia
Ally: Camilla Ultera | Profile

"A people without hope will never thrive. Foster this within them and you will possess worthy followers."
Dayana Valthren

Re: (D2 LM Closed) Backroom Deals

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:06 pm

Two men wearing dark robes open the door for her and say, “The Master will receive you, please follow the sound of screams.”

The interior is dark with a smell of incense and strange statues and artwork adorned the walls and their was a feeling of desperation and somberness in the air. Following the screams she passes a room with a trio of people doing spice.

The screams are found, it is Vowrawn screaming at at a painting and then he turns and says, “I was told that this painting would change if you scream at it… but thus far I have been sorely disappointed. “

The painting seems to be a stylized rendition of a blackhole.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Dayana Valthren on Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:22 pm

The source, and cause, of the screaming was surely different than she had anticipated. Torture was perhaps preferable to whatever this display was. "My lord," Dayana announced, bowing as lowly as she could with her stiff joints, "Who told you such a thing?"
Sith Lord | Miraluka | Colonial Overseer | Scion of House Valthren | Ambassador to Corellia

"A people without hope will never thrive. Foster this within them and you will possess worthy followers."
Dayana Valthren

Postby Dapper Dog on Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:42 am

“The buyer… the seller… someone did I am sure,” he said with a shrug.

“At any rate, my attentions should be turned to you my muse of the stars. Shall we enter my garden? I am feeling puckish and the juvanja fruits are ripe this time of year… it’s hallucinogenic and rather sweet,” he offered his arm to Dayana.
Dapper Dog

Postby Dayana Valthren on Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:18 am

"How gracious," Dayana mused, taking his arm without a second thought. So many courtly rehearsals with her parents overlooking them. Her movements were natural, save for her body demanding her not move too swiftly. "A multipurpose garden then? I wonder what other fruits it has to offer."

Dayana Valthren

Postby Dapper Dog on Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:23 am

“It depends on what sates you… there if fruit in my gardens for every taste, every desire, and every need,” he responded.

“So tell me, what has brought such an enchanting creature into my orbit?”
Dapper Dog

Postby Dayana Valthren on Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:43 am

"I certainly did not approach you only for fruit, though it is a welcome surprise," Dayana replied. She kept her face forward though her vision scanned the man beside her. "My father and the rest of House Valthren send their regards. It is my duty and utmost pleasure to ensure your agenda is furthered here on such an auspicious occasion."

She smiled. "Such is the fate of all of your servants, my lord. I hear Lord Tenebrous has served as an excellent apprentice thus far, though I wonder how she would fare as an equal beside you on the Dark Council."

Does this serve you? What does really serve you. Surely you and Shelzais are not the same.

Dayana Valthren

Postby Dapper Dog on Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:52 am

“She would be a far better Councilor but I would still be far more pleasing to the senses. Politics is like rain my delicious tart, you run quickly to get out of it and then are thankful it is watering the gardens but you obviously want no part of the mess. At the same time you have to be prepared to keep the rain from ruining your great works,” he said casually as they entered the garden.

“I had thought her smarter than to willfully dive onto the knife of politics but we both have a glaring weakness… we love doing things that we know are bad for us.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Dayana Valthren on Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:55 am

Dayana pursed her lips. "Sometimes it's a bit of a storm too, the rain. Best to prepare for anything." She 'glanced' around the garden, though really her focus was on Vowrawn's demeanor. "It sounds like she's fortunate to have your support then. And so she shall have mine, if that is what you bid."

Dayana Valthren

Postby Dapper Dog on Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:40 am

“I am elated, we should celebrate… my chamber or yours?” he offered as he picked some fruit.
Dapper Dog

Postby Dayana Valthren on Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:03 pm

"Surely there is little time with court coming up shortly." Dayana paused, her features following the fruits. "It would be nice to have a small snack that would help me with focusing. I am feeling a bit peckish."

Dayana Valthren

Postby Dapper Dog on Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:13 pm

“But of course, but of course,” he handed her one of the fruits and then said, “It’s always politics, I am not sure how the others can stand it, well except Marr… that man would wither away if he didn’t have something to rail against. You can just see the years on the Crone’s face… I make it a game and try to count the wrinkles, I was up to eight hundred forty six once but I got distracted.”

“What was it oh yes, Ravage had cut some upstart in two… he does like to grip his sword vigorously. So where were we?”
Dapper Dog

Postby Dayana Valthren on Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:49 am

"I wasn't sure someone could have that many wrinkles," Dayana blurted out. She was rather impressed by how detailed he could be. She then sighed and thought of the rest of the Dark Council members, how Shaisha wanted to join all of them in their eccentric mannerisms. "Was it difficult when you ascended or did it pose no challenge?"

Dayana Valthren

Postby Dapper Dog on Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:33 am

“It was after a purge, so really it was a pick of who was either foolish enough to step up or was standing around when the Emperor wanted to fill seats,” he said honestly.

“It was easier and harder, though I am sure that will not be a satisfying answer.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Dayana Valthren on Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:26 am

"Well, certainly it was a challenge to retain the seat afterwards for all these years," Dayana mused. She held the fruit to her nose and gave it a dainty sniff before taking a small nibble. "Perhaps that will be the harder challenge for Lord Tenebrous."

Dayana Valthren

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:59 am

“I give any of these upstarts a year before they are clamoring for someone else to take their seat,” he joked.
Dapper Dog

Return to People's Tower