What is thy bidding, [EA, Pre-game]

Central arcology structure and capital building in New Adasta

Re: What is thy bidding, [EA, Pre-game]

Postby Xyll Vanth on Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:18 pm

"We were close, once."

She mulled over the rest for a bit. From anyone else those words might've seemed nothing more than idle worry.

"What more would be required?"
Sith | Human | Lord Nyx | The Witness | Academy Prodigy | Confident | Dead eye | Core-Worlds Accent
Carries: Armored Robes, Lightsaber, Datapad, Stimpacks
"When you have seen what I have seen, you will know how small you are... and how great you may yet become."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:28 pm

“Turning the people against the Jedi, it has nearly happened but never completely. Perhaps the day will come when a Sith can turn the Republic against the Jedi and show them the truth, such a maneuver will take more than mere military strength,” she said thoughtfully as she paused in the long hallway to collect her breath.

“Simply idle thoughts.”
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:49 pm

"I doubt any words that leave your lips would represent mere idle thoughts."

Wasted breath old age can ill-afford

"But I know of no Sith that could do such a thing without military might. The ignorant fear the Dark Side and all it represents, and will always choose to put their faith in symbols of light and naive idealism. And why should they not? Their republic grants them the ability to close their eyes to the injustices their system creates, and if they see the cracks, then they can tell themselves it is because the light must be even stronger. It is only through their *own* need and adversity, that such willing ignorance is discarded, as people pursue the means by which they might gather the strength necessary to do what they must. How are they to truly understand otherwise?"
Sith | Human | Lord Nyx | The Witness | Academy Prodigy | Confident | Dead eye | Core-Worlds Accent
"When you have seen what I have seen, you will know how small you are... and how great you may yet become."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:54 pm

She started hobbling more in silence as she contemplated those words carefully. They entered the garden which was a menagerie of plants and birds… at first it seems like the lizard-birds are for decoration but soon it becomes apparent that they are food for the many varieties of carnivorous plants and fungi present in this garden.

Arya said, “Do be a dear and fetch me shears, my children need a pruning.”

The aging woman sat heavily and gestured to the tool sitting on a bench nearby. She sighed with relief and added, “I do enjoy this garden.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:04 pm

It would've been as simple a matter to pull the shears to her through the force for Xyll as it had been for Arya and her cane earlier. But still she walked over there to pick them up by hand instead; as if expecting that the old crone had that in mind all along, and the act of doing so would be meaningful somehow. Such thoughts were to be expected perhaps, when dealing with renowned seers.

"There is quite the variety here. Is that a reeksa?" She returned to Arya, offering up the shears.
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:11 pm

Elated she gently took the shears and stood with great effort and said, “Why yes, I had thought mine had failed to take root but there it is.”

Her hands were shaky as she started her work and she said, “This garden reminds me of the Empire… so much life but it needs to be guided to grow properly or only the most ruthless will survive. The most ruthless are not always the most useful… despite what most Sith would say.”

She cackled as she snipped her plants and added, “Hobbies keep the mind sharp.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:26 pm

She watched as Arya started snipping away. "And I suppose if there were only ruthless plants in a garden, they would consume each other until there was no more garden. Much like an empire of the Sith."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:32 pm

“When there is nothing else left to eat?” she mused lightly, she hummed between words.

“Perhaps you see it differently?”
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:53 pm

"Many predators will hunt even when they are not hungry. Some do so with deliberate intent, to eradicate a threat, or because they suspect lean times ahead. Others are shortsighted, and do so out of pure instinct, even when doing so will doom themselves in the process. Like my former master did. She was brilliant and foolish, cunning and oblivious, all at once. She too had a reeksa in her garden, I think. I can't remember what became of it. Withered and died without its caretaker to present it with food? Or gourged itself until it had exhausted its food supply? Perhaps it died even before she did."

She looked at the plant as she spoke.

"She had so much to eat, but stole from another's plate anyway."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:57 pm

“So a Sith should know satisfaction? Know when they have sated their ambitions?” she responded with a gentle if shaky snip.
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:21 pm

"Then they would stop being sith, I imagine. I just mean that some should consider the long-term consequences of their appetites a bit more. Or at the very least don't act surprised when they get eaten in turn."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:24 pm

She cackled lightly and then took a seat once more to gather her strength. She said with a tired voice, “How do you believe you will leave this world, Lord Nyx.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:33 pm

"I lack your gift of foresight," she answered. "But I suppose someone will try to eat me sooner or later as well. That is the fate of most with something worthy of eating, after all. I can only aspire to have it happen after I've gotten bored with this world, rather than before."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:38 pm

She nodded thoughtfully and said, “One does not have to see the future to see what could be in store for their ending. A soldier in war will most likely die in battle, a Sith will most likely be betrayed often when they feel their moment of triumph is nearest.”

“Or simply pruned to make room for something else.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:41 pm

"Is this what you have foreseen for the empire? Betrayal at the moment of triumph?"
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:50 pm

“I have seen many outcomes for this Empire most… do not end well, some better than others. This old woman takes solace in knowing it will not be the last Empire to name itself a Sith Empire,” she said thoughtfully.

“Of course I take no pride in that thought either… perhaps it simply is.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:04 pm

Xyll knew, of course, that history had a tendency to repeat itself. What would make this empire any different from the others before it? That understanding did not bring the solace the old witch claimed. Not to one young enough to demand the future bend to her whim.

"And have your visions showed a path toward those outcomes more favorable than the others? Or a path to a reforged empire?"
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:26 pm

"When you return from Korriban, you will be ready for that answer," she said calmly.
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:48 pm

"We will see," she said, smiling again, before setting the mask back in place on her face.

"Do you require anything else from me, before I leave you to your gardening?"
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:54 pm

“Make sure to take the relic with you and do tell Spindral I miss his talks and still remember that stormy night in the cave,” she said cackling maniacally.

The cackling soon turned to a hacking cough but still she smiled with broken teeth.
Dapper Dog

PreviousNext

Return to People's Tower